Home Metal Detecting
Options

Ugh- 6 to 8 inches of snow in forcast for tonight/tomorrow, might as well post my Oct totals :)

Having an early NorEaster here in upstate NY, local weather channel says 6-8 inches of snow possible by tomorrow with high temp of 35 tomorrow, looks like my October hunting will be done, so I thought I would post my totals:

Quarters: 11 - 1 silver 1942-D
Dimes: 26 - 3 silver 1923, 1951-D and 1957
Nickels: 1
Cents: 83 - 1 indian 1897 and 9 wheats -oldest 1916

Foreign: 4 Canadian cents- oldest 1948, 2 Canadian Quarters- (silver) 1952 & 1955

After having my best silver day ever at start of the month with the 5 coins in one night at the old campground I managed to get back there a few more times, but only significant finds were 1 more silver- 1923 Mercury dime and an 1897 Indian along with a few more wheat cents. Will post some pictures of them and some other novelty finds later. HH and stay warm!

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice totals... I will be moving back there in a week.... just in time for winter. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Don't put away your detector yet. The weather forecast calls for some sunny warmer days over the next week. Friday...sunny and 58 image
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    new york? 6-8 inchs bbbooooooooooo
    i hate snow- im in wv
    it does well to snow 1-2 inches all winter here anymore-used to back 30 years ago we would get feet of thes stuff
    it did spit snow the other night when they postponted the philly/rays game
    im getting me a detector come spring-used to have one back years ago- had alot of fun and found alot of good stuff backin woods where old house and stuff used to be 150+ years ago
  • Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Well weather man was wrong- we got closer to 10 inches last night! Does this look like Holloween?

More like Christmas too me, except some of the trees still have their leaves. Back to metal detecting finds, you could say I had a little luck when I went out Monday and found these five in the same hole:

Good luck tokens! I think or was told they were probably good for a beer at the local KofC years ago, looks like some drunk didn't get his free beers that night! Coincidentally my horoscope for today says lady luck is on my side- maybe I should play the lotto tonight with these in my pocket! HH
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow.. bunch of snow for so early in the season. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    This was somewhat of a surprise storm...they didn't expect more then a dusting for most places and some ended up with 14 inches! We didn't get any here where I am in the Hudson Valley...
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History