Home Precious Metals
Options

What is this "premium" everyone keeps talking about?

Do dealers just have their physical metals overpriced because they don't wanna take a loss or are people actually paying that much? I ask because I've had an MS62 saint up for cheaper than apmex's buy price for 2 weeks with no takers.

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Do dealers just have their physical metals overpriced because they don't wanna take a loss or are people actually paying that much? I ask because I've had an MS62 saint up for cheaper than apmex's buy price for 2 weeks with no takers. >>

Why wouldnt you just ship it to apmex then?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Do dealers just have their physical metals overpriced because they don't wanna take a loss or are people actually paying that much? I ask because I've had an MS62 saint up for cheaper than apmex's buy price for 2 weeks with no takers. >>

Why wouldnt you just ship it to apmex then? >>

because I prefer to get paid first
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    i think your marketing of the coin may be lacking. slap it up on ebay
    with a buy it now priced just so that this MSN rebate thing gets
    it snapped up.

or whatever..

btw how much is it? 1250?
  • Options

<< <i>i think your marketing of the coin may be lacking. slap it up on ebay
    with a buy it now priced just so that this MSN rebate thing gets
    it snapped up.

or whatever..

btw how much is it? 1250? >>

Nah, it's $1075--- plus the MSN cashback thing is down for now
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

because I prefer to get paid first >>

Yeah, your right! Apmex might screw you out of $1,000.image Get serious.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

because I prefer to get paid first >>

Yeah, your right! Apmex might screw you out of $1,000.image Get serious. >>

I am serious. I don't think they'll screw me over. By the way, I didn't say how much it's priced below their offer image
  • Options
    So your talking like 5 bucks then. But seriously, you probably have a 25x greater chance of getting a paypal chargeback than you do of Apmex screwing you.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the bulk of the problem is the ANACS holder. It if it were NGC or PCGS it would have sold by now. My own experience with ANACS gold coins over the past couple of years is that they are in little demand. Wholesalers that I show them to just pass because they are too much extra work and most trade them as if they were raw....and a pt or two less than the assigned grade. If a decent coin, it's always better to reholder it in the same grade at PCGS or NGC if possible.

Because of the lower liquidity of an ANACS saint, many will just assume your coin is an AU and go from there.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    ajbaumanajbauman Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭
    commoncents123 - the MSN rebate is still up... certain keywords still work (e.g. try silver instead of gold), I think it is 25% right now.
    Buying £2 Britannias
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    correst i typed in iphone and it came up 25% a minute ago