Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

eBay Fraud rising

Has anyone else experience a surge in unpaid items, etc? With the economy down the tube, over the last 30-45 days I've had more scam attempts than ever before.

Very often, for lower priced items especially, I just ship out without waiting for payment, and I feel the word somehow spread that I tend to do that. Many of the items I haven't received payment for were unfortunately already shipped out by me. Trusting, but very stupid of me. image

Comments

• Options
    Not a Ebay seller here so I have no idea.

I do think that anyone would be prudent, as a rule, to wait on payment first.
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options
    hey what's your Ebay screenname, Bob.
    I want some free coins too.

Ray
  • Options
    "BobTheSucker"

• Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    Now that Ebay doesn't offer any protection for the seller, people seem to think that they can do anything.

I'll never sell on Ebay, unless they fix it, again.

And with people not listing as much stuff, I don't have much to buy either. I should look at the coin sections more often, but I don't have the fundage for it! image
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    you probably like to think the best of people, i still do too, but am more cautious nowdays.
    checks and money orders were more common a few years ago, and i used to hot ship after
    i got word payment was on the way.
    then i got caught on six silver eagles and had to eat about a hundred bucks.
  • Options

<< <i>you probably like to think the best of people, i still do too, but am more cautious nowdays. >>

Yupp. By nature I am trusting, especially with fellow numismatists. Now, don't get me wrong. Overall I'd still say the vast majority of folks I've dealt with have been noble. Invariably it's been the cheapy deals that turns out to be stinkers!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No increase in NPB ... but they are slower in making their payments...

BTW ... Never ship unless: "show me the money."
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."