Home Precious Metals
Options

What is the price of silver at the B&M stores in your area??

mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
Guys, how much are the stores selling silver in your area???

I saw a few at 13.50 at a small store in a town near me. Rest of the stores have no silver except ASEs and they want 20 for 2008 and 18 for other dates.

Seeing how things are in other parts of the country

Thanks
Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.

Comments

• Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    are saying 90% is 13.5 x face ??
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    i do not even bother check anymore. waste of my time.
  • Options
    smittys, I mean silver bullion. I saw 13.50/oz for a few remaining rounds. Everywhere else there was nothing except some high priced ASEs.

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options

<< <i>smittys, I mean silver bullion. I saw 13.50/oz for a few remaining rounds. Everywhere else there was nothing except some high priced ASEs. >>

13.50 is not bad at all. i have not seen prices like that since before the run up at
    the local B&Ms.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought the remaining "junk" silver rounds for $3 over spot here locally. They happened to be Maple leaf. All that's left at the big dealer locally are Eagles for $8 over spot and new X-mas bars at $17.......I'll pass!! I also tried jewelry stores.....none at all. I've given up locally. For Gold eagles they wanted $49 over for 1/10's......pass!!! There is no more silver to be had for less than $7 over in Northern/Central Ohio!!!!!
  • Options
    49 over for 1/10 eagles.........holy cow thats a ripoff!!!

I've checked pawn shops and they have nothing as well. I tried craigslist in my area and nothing either!

• Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>49 over for 1/10 eagles.........holy cow thats a ripoff!!!

I've checked pawn shops and they have nothing as well. I tried craigslist in my area and nothing either! >>

each 1/10 AGE, right? that is a rip

my beloved spouse showed me an add in a rag for 1/10 AGE for $98 each plus ~$3 shipping/insurance...i was getting my wisdom teeth pulled so i said you better get all you can if i don't wake up...she later said the most they'd sell her was $70k worth.image

i later saw the commercial on CNBC and the guy was fondling 1 ounce AGE and selling the 1/10 AGE for $98

i don't mean to hijack this thread, sorry in advance.

• Options
    My local B&M has SAEs marked for $27. I have never tried, but I suspect you could talk them down a few dollars.

They do not have any silver rounds/bars.
    Mark Piersall
    Random Collector
    www.marksmedals.com
  • Options
    cnitas, you should tell them that ebay which usually has higher prices is cheaper than the store on SAEs!

• Options

<< <i>My local B&M has SAEs marked for $27. I have never tried, but I suspect you could talk them down a few dollars.

They do not have any silver rounds/bars. >>

i would be asking their buy price and just how many do they want me to bring in next week :-)
  • Options
    i do not even bother check anymore. waste of my time.

• Options
    Around here 90 % "junk" is 12x & 13x face , common date mid grade dollars are $ 16 each.
    Common date BU Eagles are $ 18.50 each (minimum. )

Lewis

• Options
    $19 for 2008 ASE. I didn't even ask about the others. People are acting like these are collector coins. As if they have some value, more than there metal content image
    SEE the BULL!! BUY the BULL!! BE the BULL!! Do your homework first. And, you will learn alot!!