Home Precious Metals
Options

PM Show report.... Melbourne, FL.

This show is growing slowly but nicely...... around 35 dealers or so....

Silver....

4 or 5 rolls of ASE's scattered around at $17 to $20 an oz. [Passed]

1 cast, and beat to death, JM 100 oz. at $1600 [Passed]

A handfull of 1 oz misc. at $15 to $20 an oz. NO real quantity.... [Passed]

Gold....

Now this is getting stupid......

Same dealer that had a lot of K-Rand yesterday was here today...... $50 to $75 over spot.... [Passed]

Several dealers had small quantitys ( 1 to 5 ish ) of 1 oz Maples....

THE LOWEST PRICE WAS $950....MOST WERE AT $1000 each.

Thats right..... $100 to $150 an oz. OVER spot....... [Passed]

1 dealer had 60 1/10 AGE's at $86 each...... YEAAA.... [Bought all 60]

Platinum.....

Not much..... 1 dealer had 4 1/4 oz APE's at $250 each.... [Bought all 4]

Numismatics (Just as an aside)..... DEAD DEAD DEAD..... 1 younger dealer in particular has a very nice spread of type...

but the general numismatic word of the show..... DEAD DEAD DEAD... NOBODY IS BUYING ANYTHING--- DEALERS OR COLLECTORS.

Thats it for this weekend........ Keep on stack'n!!
Silver Baron
Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.

Comments

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the report!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    I also saw at the show one dealer had a stack of Silvertown 10 oz bars. He wasn't around, but the guy sharing his booth said he was asking $170 each. Premium was a little too steep for me.
    Greg
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    you did well on the 1/10 eagles

as for the other gold, you sing a familiar tune......all bullion premiums are HUGE, KRANDS at 60+ over, EAGLES at 80+ over,

just look at generic US pre-1933 gold.......the spreads are ENORMOUS........a VF $5 lib that would barely catch SPOT a few months ago is $50 over....thats right $50 over!!!!! that's $200+/oz over gold........
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was a good price on the 1/10th as this past friday I had 155 come in and sold them 1 hr later at 92.50 each. Course that was before the price drop later in the day.

Jim
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    that was an excellent price on the 1/10 AGE!

thanks for sharingimage
  • Options
    I did not see the 10 Silvertowne 10's.... hard to admitt that I missed them...

or they were gone when I went by...buttttt at $170 a pop..... I would'v had to passssss......

I never report to "brag" about any purchases or to put down anyone elses buys....

just reporting the prices and what I see! image

Next report will be from the Lakeland, Fl. show next week!!

Keep on Stack'n!! image
    Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
  • Options
    I went to the Lansing Michigan coin club show last weekend. It was really slow there too.

Ray
  • Options
    Yes, numismatics are dead right now.

Unless you are dealing top line rarities, it's tough out there.

Older proof sets seem to be holding. Not increasing, but not dropping that I can see.

At least that's one of the nice things I have collected over the years.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    The silvertown 10's were to the right side of the aisle as you came in the entrance. Right on the edge of the stamp sellers. I was there around 11:30 and he had a stack of ten or more. Also had some ziploc bags of 90%, but already had a handle on the premium he was asking when I heard $17/oz for the bars, so didn't bother asking about the 90%.
    Greg
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    thats what i worry about.....a return of the slow illiquid days of 1990-1995

when PM's take off and collector coins just sit, generics just sit, etc. - it is bad news.....