Home Metal Detecting
Options

My best silver day ever! 5 coins in one night....

Still stopping every once in a while at the old campground that continues to yield a few goodies here and there, found 2 barbers and a V nickel there last month. Thought I would give it a go tonight since it rained hard last night. Beautiful fall day here in upstate NY, with a strong warm wind which kept the mosquitos down. Was working the upper river bank (I've worked the area over good the last couple of years- mostly with my old Garrett GTAx1000)and not finding much except for pull tabs, I was ignoring alot of iffy quarter signals and decided to dig a few, and what do you know- dug a beat up 66 quarter (upper right photo) and a couple of deep lincolns followed along with about 5 old bottle caps and 10 pull tabs for every coin found image . Then I hit a stretch I would say no more than 15 feet long and 10 wide that was real procuctive! I also dug alot more bottle caps and pull tabs- I was hunting in jewelry mode with my new Garrett Ace250 and it was still giving alot of iffy quarter readouts- the area was really trash laden- which is why in the past I think I worked quickly through it- seems to me I only dug bottle caps here before- the old kind- pop top ones though. The two Canadian quarters came just inches apart, the two Rosie's were in the same whole and finally the 42-D Washie, 5 silver in one outing is a record for me! The George 6th and QE2 go nicely along with the Edward 7th and George 5th Canadian quarters I dug in the past- now just need a Victoria to complete the quarter dug type set- not bad since I've only dug 4 silver Canadian quarters and all have been a different type. HH

Not sure what the brass thing with design was, unless it was part of a lock ? Seems Welps, Iowa is a big bird town according to what I found with google, the small thing might be a leg band?- it does have some numbers on other side as well.

Comments