Home Metal Detecting

a very nice bottle today

our club meeting is tonight and i wanted one more dig. went for an hour after work and dug this. its a gin and probably dates 1880's-1890's

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a very nice bottle DD.... tell me, do you clean those up? Or is the value better dirty? I really know nothing about bottles... Thanks, Cheers, RickO
  • i only cleaned the outside of this one. i need a good bottle brush for the inside.
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DD.........some of your finds are ausome.Seems like every time you go out
    you find something of intrest.Thanks for posting.

Al
  • kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Nice bottle, too bad there wasn't any booze left inside image
  • That's a really cool bottle !!

Regarding cleaning the interior... Just pour some warm vineager in it & add some dry rice, then swish it around...
  • Nice bottle! Do you ever find any old Coca-Cola bottles? By old, I mean the straight-sided bottles produced before 1916.

Bob
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭

nice table-saw......oh, the bottle's alright too.

-wes
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • I was told that cleaning the bottle is not always good. When they lay on the ground they get a certain toning going on in the bottle that collectors do not want removed. Nice bottle, I found some really nice bottles while working construction. Three i found were parlet and parlet company annapolis maryland indian rock ginger ale bottles. They look like bowling pins and i've had someone offer me $100.00 a peice for them. I'll have to dig them out and post some pics. does anyone else have any they have found?
    image I keep a census on Hawaii Error notes, Radars, Repeaters, Hawaii Stars (all denominations), Low serials, 6 of a kind, 7 of a kind, Canceled notes, AC blocks, ZB blocks, FC blocks, Uncut sheets and Late plates. If you have any information you would like to share please PM me. Thanks.image