Home Metal Detecting
Options

Greetings from Oklahoma!

Hello folks. Long time.

The family and I finally got settled into our new digs here in Choctaw, OK. It's been a rough move on everyone, but we did it. Hope we never have to do that again. Unless something like a complete market collapse occurs, I'm working 3-4 years and I'm done being a "migrant aerospace worker". In a lot of ways I miss Southern California. But where we live now looks and feels like where I was raised in NE Texas. Heck Oklahoma is just North Texas anyway. I apologize to any other Okies out there if you're offended. I'm officially an Okie now myself.

So what have you folks been up to? I for one have taken my machine out a few times. Three times I think. The only things I've scored so far is a handful of clad covered in red dirt and a 14K white gold wedding band that lost the fight with a mower. But I'm back near NE Texas again, and I've been dreaming of all those old homesteads my dad and I hunted back in the 60s. It'll be good to hunt for relics and oldies again.

Later folks...

G Man image
imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    Just a word of advice from a born and bred Okie. Refering to Oklahoma as north Texas will NOT endear you to the locals. Better to refer to Texas as "Baja Oklahoma".
    Molon Labe
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    WB.
    Maybe we can get the polls up and running again now.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back.... hope your new residence is satisfactory... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Mr. G, Good to see your back on. Good Luck in your new Digs.

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    BentFork,

From one transplant Oklahomian to another--Welcomeimage

You're just east of OKC, right? I'm located down in SW OK at Altus. Maybe we can get together sometime to do a little digging!!

Welcome back--it's good to see ya here!!!
    Speer34

imageimageimage
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Hey Gary,

It's good to see you again, can't wait to see what you unearth in your new digs!!

Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    Hey hey!

Good to hear from you Gary. Everytime I drive past Lancaster City Park I wonder where you ended up.

Danny
  • Options
    Good evening folks. Glad to see the usual gang is still here.

<< <i>Just a word of advice from a born and bred Okie. Refering to Oklahoma as north Texas will NOT endear you to the locals. Better to refer to Texas as "Baja Oklahoma". >>

Unknowncomic is right. It's not good to refer to Oklahoma as North Texas. That rivalry has been there for probably 60 years. This weekend just happens to be the annual Texas-OU football game in Dallas. I've got the T-shirt! Not the burnt orange and white one!

<< <i>Good to hear from you Gary. Everytime I drive past Lancaster City Park I wonder where you ended up. >>

Danny my buddy! Good to hear from you. How's the family? I do miss the city park. That and the soccer fields were great for picking up goodies. But I have missed not being somewhere where the oldies are easy to get to. Speaking of that,

<< <i>It's good to see you again, can't wait to see what you unearth in your new digs!! >>

Me too Mary! Before we left California the money from our home sale was burning a hole in my jeans. I couldn't help myself knowing I was coming back to the area where the old homesteads, churches, schoolhouses and wide places in the road were that my dad and I hammered so long ago. So I dropped the cash for an Explorer SE Pro. It's the one with the skeleton DD coil. Very sweet. That's just like me. I've never held onto a dollar in my life. I've still got my MXT, and I still intend on using it, but the Explorer will come in handy in those clean out-of-the-way places.

Jerry, how ya been? Are you walking SM Beach in my stead?

<< <i>You're just east of OKC, right? I'm located down in SW OK at Altus. Maybe we can get together sometime to do a little digging!! >>

That's right Speer. I'm just a few miles east of OK City. Your offer sounds good to me. I'm always up for a road trip. We'll talk once the Commander-in-Chief is finished with me hanging pictures and etc.

RickO, you're over on the Friendly Metal Detecting board now aren't you? I thought so. If not someone has stolen your moniker.

<< <i>Maybe we can get the polls up and running again now >>

Speaking of that...unless anyone objects I will start the polls back up beginning in November. Sorry it can't be sooner, like for October, but as I said the War Department has me hanging pictures and such. image

Later folks!

G Man
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.. I am over there Gary... good forum... also on www.dfxonly.com those are my most frequented sites.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    >>Jerry, how ya been? Are you walking SM Beach in my stead?<<

I made a point of going to SM Beach on Jult 5th at 5 AM ;-)

<FONT face=Verdana>5 AM beach find</FONT>

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage