Home Metal Detecting
Options

Post your dug Morgan or Peace dollars!

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm SO close to my first silver at Washington Park in Sunnyvale that it hurts! Post a Morgan or Peace to keep me going. image
"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    You know that the fever has hit me to start searching again!! I have never found anything silver other than a couple of mercs, war nickels, and Roosevelts. I hope one day to post such a thing.
    -Dan
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to find a Morgan or a Peace.... however, I know I will... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have yet to find a Morgan or a Peace.... however, I know I will... Cheers, RickO >>

I keep finding 1965-1967 quarters. One one hand, any hunt that finds a quarter makes me happy, on the other hand, it's sooo close to silver! *whimpers*

I may hit a giant demo site tonight, depends on how brave I am.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    here's my first one. they don't come around very often.
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Heres mine.....

Thats right,over 22,000 coins and no real silver dollars. I did get one Ike.
  • Options
    i don't know how many coins i've dug in the last 23 years. i can say that i've stopped going to places were modern coins exist. if you want old stuff, then either learn to dig really deep targets or find old sites
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Post your dug Morgan or Peace dollars! >>

Okeydokey.

Ready?

Here goes...

don't forget to scroll down...

Seen 'em all yet?

Good. There you go.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Guess one of us will have to bury a sack of 1921 Morgans so that some future metal "detectorist"? will find his "dream" image
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the same one that Dock found.
  • Options
    ok, here's another one
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will have to really buckle down after I move... I will be in an area which is rich in history so my opportunities for finding one of these will increase... and you can bet y'all will hear about it when I do find one...image Cheers, RickO