Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

These Google ads are entertaining, if not annoying....

I tried to do the "patch" to prevent the Google ads from coming on the screen at my office computer, but it does not seem to work. I might have to reboot my computer for it to take effect, but I don't have time to do that right now (The Man is beating on me more than usual for some reason).

In the mean time, I am finding the ads to be somewhat entertaining, but not in a way that PCGS intended. For example, when I clicked on the Coin Scams thread, two ads came up-- one that said "Find a Local Coin Dealer!!", and the other was for a lawyer to protect a consumer from such scams. I might keep these ads running just for kicks. image
Always took candy from strangers
Didn't wanna get me no trade
Never want to be like papa
Working for the boss every night and day
--"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Comments

• Options
    Right up there it says "I got scammed 27 times". Some sort of ad for something.
    I think if I got scammed 27 times, I wouldn't advertise it.
    Why go out into the world with a "I'm stupid" sign on?

Ray
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Why go out into the world with a "I'm stupid" sign on?"

We could only hope people would wear such a sign... there are sooooooo many of them... one could start a sign business. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I can't block them here, but I can make them say...

The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    I myself find this one entertaining:

<< <i>Ms 70
    Bid on Ms 70 now! Find US Coins.
    www.eBay.com >>

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file