Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

is this a possibility?

.........i read an article in coinworld about introducing legislation to have the half dime minted again. the idea

is to save money for the tax payers. this would save money because the half dime is smaller than the nickel

therefore it would cost less to mint, thus saving money. what do youns think?image
"government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington

Comments

• Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be just like the SBA/Quarter confusion...similar size and color? Seems like the new half dime would be easily confused with current Roosie.

Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

........it's smaller than the dime, so i don't know, but if it replaced the nickel, ah I DON'T KNOW!! image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    It's a great Idea. Maybe you could get your Congressman to introduce legislation to bring back the half cent also.

Ray
  • Options

............i think i'd support the half dime if.....................................they add edge lettering!!image
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously more suggestions from empty headed bureaucrats... I guess it is true, government attracts those who hate work and admire themselves.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options

.................image
  • Options
    If true, I'd rank this among the worst ideas I've ever heard.
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Absurd.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> this would save money because the half dime is smaller than the nickel >>

But.......it would be bigger than a dime so people would get corn-fused and reject it!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Its not a god idea....politicians trying to make a perfectly good mess of things.

But it would be kool to have a commemorative set of all obsolete coin designs. Of course the closest we have right now are a few of the gold spouse dollars. which are neat but too expensive for me.
    "One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making new discoveries" -A.A. Milne
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> this would save money because the half dime is smaller than the nickel >>

But.......it would be bigger than a dime so people would get corn-fused and reject it! >>

.....i don't think they would worry or care WHO got confused!image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file