Home U.S. Coin Forum

where do you look for coins

where do you look for coins ? ebay and david lawrence rare coins are a couple i check daily .............image

Comments

• CoinStar reject slot.
  • Coin shows, Heritage and Teletrade are my biggies.
  • tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Everywhere. eBay, bank, Heritage, etc.
  • On the ground outside the drive-up window at McDonalds, but you have to watch out for the busted ketchup packages.

Actually, Heritage, ebay, rolls, pawn shops, etc. The usual suspects.
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    Check out Stone's Master List I check it out often and love seeing what all the different dealers offer and their prices.

Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BST, Coinshows and offers from Broadstruck image Cheers, RickO
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could tell you, but I've been banned from posting such "off topic" nonsense as metal detecting on this forum. image

To BUY coins? Ebay and the BST forum here. Occasionally VCoins.com, if I'm after ancients or medieval stuff.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Google - just type in what you want and then spend some time looking. image
  • By snake holes, Just ask YaHa..image
  • seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    ms60 coins?
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    Everywhere!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • One site you might consider is CollectorsCorner.com I'm sort of partial to it as its related to the Certified Coin Exchange and its member dealers, But we have 1000's of coins listed, many have good images and you can make an offer if you are interested in the coins listed and the dealer can respond. We pre screen the dealers listing so that you can be assured that the dealers listing will back up their wares. Take a look and see for yourself, we have a Coin ,Currency, and Sports card Marketplace. Its not the only place on the net to locate those hard to find fillers, but we would love to be one of your stops.
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Under couch cushions is a good source.
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to look in the usual places, but typically the best coins come from the collections of others. In the past year or so, I have added these half dimes through trades/transactions with fellow collectors: 1830 LM-10 (AU-55, R-6), 1829 LM-15.2 (AU-58, R-4), 1829 LM-17 (MS-63, R-4), 1837 LM-5 (MS-65, R-1 but nearly impossible in GEM), 1829 LM-14 (MS-61, R-4, and one of only two known in mint state), 1830 LM-9.2 (AU-58, R-4), 1832 LM-2 (AU-58, R-3), and 1832 LM-11.1 (XF-45, R-5)
  • WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Personally I look for coins everywhere I can and hopefully at places where other dealers and collectors haven't thought of doing so yet.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • In the change return slots of the now rare payphones and in vending machines...oh yeah...and on the ground... image

Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭

BST, eBay, and the local B&M shop (which always has the same stuff mostly). There isn't any coins shows within less than 2 hours from here, so I never go to any which is a bummer. I think the interest around here would pick up if there were at least 2 shows a year close to here, so I'm forced to do internet shopping.

-wes
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
    In the future I think I will try to get to the dealer table before Lee. image

I check all sources. Lately I have been hitting B&Ms for Ikes.

S
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LCoopie = Les
  • The last 3 coins i bought were from ebay, its easier to find hard to find cheap coins there.
    MSgt USAF Jan-06 - Present
  • JJMJJM Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the real question is where dont I look for coins................
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • JJMJJM Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>this will get you started >>

Thats the Mother Link of Coin Info, well done...................image
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    At the coin show, sometimes one can find coins in odd locations...

This one was glued to the urinal. Proper removal of the coin is properly done by using only ones teeth on the rim of the coin.
    In this way, no contact with the obverse or reverse is made to preserve those high quality original surfaces! Glue can be removed later with an ice pick.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file