Home Metal Detecting
Options

1849 Gold Rush!!!!

Well I found another first yesterday and something that's a rarity to find on the West Coast!!
I was hunting an area we have been hunting the past few year's,it had gotten a little slow
until this last couple of weeks when they started doing some work on the lot and moving alot of dirt around.
So far there have been 3 barber half's and 2 bust halve's found,but not by meimageimage
So I had dug alot of trash including some smashed soda can's.I got this really good
signal which I thought was just going to be another piece of iron,but when I dug the hole out came this large disc.
I wiped some dirt off and to my surprize I saw "One Cent",I was like no way I just found my first large cent!!!!
So I did the image and started calling my hunting buddie's over to show them what I found!!
Needless to say I didn't find anything else but I didn't care I was happy with that findimage

Oh yea it's a 1849 LCimage

HH,Tom

Comments

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Congradulations! Looks to have been in very good shape when dropped (XF/AU details?), probably dropped by some poor prospector hoping to strike it rich no doubt.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations ... second post of a large cent found in 'moved dirt'... they must be deep.... and it makes sense they would be... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    nice lc....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Very nice LC you have there Tom.

I still haven't found one of those myself. Someday!!!
    Speer34

imageimageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take a large cent in ANY condition!

WTG, Tom!

Y'all are getting me jealous.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.