Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Long term value of mass produced cards- Griifey JR

5 million+ Ken Griffey rookies and how many millions upon millions of his other cards? What card do you think will have the best long term value and why? My vote is 1989 Fleer Glossy. The print run is higher than 1989 Topps Tiffany Traded but there are a lot less 10's. Gotta go get my PSA exam...........
USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.

Comments

• Options

<< <i>5 million+ Ken Griffey rookies and how many millions upon millions of his other cards? What card do you think will have the best long term value and why? My vote is 1989 Fleer Glossy. The print run is higher than 1989 Topps Tiffany Traded but there are a lot less 10's. Gotta go get my PSA exam........... >>

His bowman tiffany is his most rare rookie and the market value speaks to that...PSA 10 recent sale of over $900.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>5 million+ Ken Griffey rookies and how many millions upon millions of his other cards? What card do you think will have the best long term value and why? My vote is 1989 Fleer Glossy. The print run is higher than 1989 Topps Tiffany Traded but there are a lot less 10's. Gotta go get my PSA exam........... >>

His bowman tiffany is his most rare rookie and the market value speaks to that...PSA 10 recent sale of over $900. >>

You can find a Nice centered 9 for under $200 though...

• Options
    You will lose a lot less money buying the ones with the highest print runs
    Tom
  • Options

<< <i>You will lose a lot less money buying the ones with the highest print runs >>

Griffey tiffany 10s sold for $500-$600 last year...wish I would have bought one then...
  • Options
    If you buy one now will you eventually be able to sell it for more?
    Tom
  • Options

<< <i>If you buy one now will you eventually be able to sell it for more? >>

my crystal ball says, Yes, in 10 years for $2000
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    Trick ? what is the value of the 1989 Griffey Bowman JR/SR textured variation card in 10?
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    1990 Topps Tiffany Frank Thomas in PSA 10 has consistantly sold in the $150 range...then last month...$550...I don't know why the jump, but it did.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    I've had a tough time finding a centered 89 Fleer Glossy Bill.

I just got these in....time to cover my bar? image

imageimageimage