Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Bye bye googly goo ads :)

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
Please tell us the new look of this is a mistake and it isn't permanent.

It really hurts the look of the forums. I don't care if there are "ads by google" but not the way they are...please please please change them!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
    I'll second that!

• Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    I'll third that.
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    I just went into my IE settings and added the "googlesyndication.com" into my restricted zones.
    I no longer see it. I think it was poorly planned out and hopefully they will correct it.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if my new submission will come back with ads on the back??? Mike
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. That countermeasure worked.

If Google is paying PCGS to splash that crap all over the top and bottom page, then OK, I guess, if that helps them foot the bill for these forums.

Sure seems kind of tacky, though.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all want to start paying to use this forum? I say just deal with it.
  • Options

<< <i>You all want to start paying to use this forum? I say just deal with it. >>

I say we can voice our opinion and don't need the "just deal with it" attitude.
    There are some things to deal with and others that should get feedback.

But, thank you for having some value to chip in....now, deal with that image

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ***what's the deal with the new ad "by google" showing up?***

Linky
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just went into my IE settings and added the "googlesyndication.com" into my restricted zones.
    I no longer see it. I think it was poorly planned out and hopefully they will correct it. >>

Thanks for the fix - it works for me image

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just went into my IE settings and added the "googlesyndication.com" into my restricted zones.
    I no longer see it. I think it was poorly planned out and hopefully they will correct it. >>

Excellant fix!
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭

<< <i>into my IE settings and added the "googlesyndication.com" into my restricted zones. >>

That worked so well, thank you.

Oh and Jesse: you're a image
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You all want to start paying to use this forum? I say just deal with it. >>

• Options

Just tried it and it works perfect. Back to normal here.image
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried Bochiman's suggestion without successimageSPAM

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Just tried it and it works perfect. Back to normal here.image >>

OK, I must be an idiot or somethin', but I can't figure out where or how to do this.

Can someone provide a little guidance?.....

Steve
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Just tried it and it works perfect. Back to normal here.image >>

OK, I must be an idiot or somethin', but I can't figure out where or how to do this.

Can someone provide a little guidance?.....

Steve >>

you left out the pagead2

• Options
    This might help explain the motive behind the new look....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are hideous. Ads Blocked! image
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 'er done!! image

Thank you Goldbully/rgCoinGuyimage

Steve
  • Options

<< <i>I just tried Bochiman's suggestion without successimageSPAM >>

And, you are using IE? From in the last 5 years? image

If you can't do it, don't blame the messenger.....go blame PCGS image

Oh, and for the others....you don't need, nor really want, to include the "pagead2" as you are better off blocking the domain they are sending from in case they decide to use "pagead3" or something....seen it happen in the past.

• Options
    Thousand Thanks rgCoinGuy image
    Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
  • Options
    EdscoinEdscoin Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This might help explain the motive behind the new look....

image >>

I Think you may be right!
    ED
  • Options

Crap!! Not working for me!! These ads are friggin obnoxious.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PCGS!!!!! imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Qu'ell Garbage.
    "College men from LSU- went in dumb, come out dumb too..."
    -Randy Newmanimage
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was just not a good idea... the whole formatting is off and I am unable to see the whole screen and posts. Can someone please change the format back?

this chandge detracts significantly and is quite annoying...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    AAAAAAUUUUGGGHHHHH!!! I can't take it!!! Off to Sleppy Hollow for a while until their slow server drives me nuts!
  • Options
    I know I'll probably get roasted for this, but we're guests here and I support PCGS in doing what they feel is in their own best interests. The forums have been sponsored by their nickel, so it's their right to do what they want here.
  • Options

That is the ticket. No more google ads for me.
    imageimage
    Collector of Early 20th Century U.S. Coinage.
    ANA Member R-3147111
  • Options
    QuarternutQuarternut Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭
    It might not be as bad...if the ads were actually for something I had an interest in! image

QN

Go to Early United States Coins - to order the New "Early United States Half Dollar Vol. 1 / 1794-1807" book or the 1st new Bust Quarter book!

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Lions & Tigers & Bears, image Oh my"
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

That is the ticket. No more google ads for me. >>

I got rid of it too. For a mintute there I was in a frenzy, because the system logged me out and I could not remember my password. It was very nearly the demise of "Longacre" (which would have caused a cheer of approval to many people here). However, I used one of my regular passwords, and it worked! image
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭
    Of course, by blocking them, PCGS loses any potential revenue they would have gained by your ad impressions.

• Options

<< <i>Of course, by blocking them, PCGS loses any potential revenue they would have gained by your ad impressions.

image >>

Nope. I have standards and my standards are such that if something invasively gets in my face, I go out of my way to avoid them and support competitors.
    Cut.nose.spite.face.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Of course, by blocking them, PCGS loses any potential revenue they would have gained by your ad impressions.

image >>

Nope. I have standards and my standards are such that if something invasively gets in my face, I go out of my way to avoid them and support competitors.
    Cut.nose.spite.face. >>

No different than tuning out radio and TV commercials!!!!
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RG guys fix works, but not noted is that you must exit and restart IE for the input to go into effect.
    For some of you that it did not work for that may be the problem.

• Options
    BXBOY143BXBOY143 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Will people that block the ad's be banned?
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no just god help us should we send in coins for a regradeimage
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Will people that block the ad's be banned? >>

CU has no way of knowing which users have ads blocked and which do not. Google might, but CU does not.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Of course, by blocking them, PCGS loses any potential revenue they would have gained by your ad impressions. image >>

Nope. I have standards and my standards are such that if something invasively gets in my face, I go out of my way to avoid them and support competitors. Cut.nose.spite.face. >>

The ads here are less intrusive than 99% of the ads I see on other websites. Solve your problem with the width of the screen and don't worry about them. Standards?

If this forum becomes profitable, it then becomes much more likely to be retained and perhaps this software might even get upgraded someday.

--Jerry
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Bochi.
  • Options
    StellaStella Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the help! I don't mind that the ads are there as long as I cannot see them. image
    Coin collector since childhood and New York Numismatist at Heritage Auctions.
  • Options
    RRRR Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    I just went into my IE settings and added the "googlesyndication.com" into my restricted zones.
    I no longer see it. I think it was poorly planned out and hopefully they will correct it.

Didn't work for me. I must have the older IE version that it doesn't work on. Any other suggestions, folks?

Thanks.

RR
    <html />
  • Options

Didn't work for me. I must have the older IE version that it doesn't work on. Any other suggestions, folks?

Thanks.

RR >>

Upgrade to IE7...tabbed browsing just like Firefox!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Of course, by blocking them, PCGS loses any potential revenue they would have gained by your ad impressions. image >>

Nope. I have standards and my standards are such that if something invasively gets in my face, I go out of my way to avoid them and support competitors. Cut.nose.spite.face. >>

The ads here are less intrusive than 99% of the ads I see on other websites. Solve your problem with the width of the screen and don't worry about them. Standards?

If this forum becomes profitable, it then becomes much more likely to be retained and perhaps this software might even get upgraded someday.

--Jerry >>

yeah...standards. Something you don't seem to grasp.
    Glad to see you still feel the need to post in my threads....at first, I thought the smell was just week old garbage waiting to go out, but then I saw your post image

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to wonder how beneficial it would be to PCGS if NGC/ICG/ANACS/SEGS/ etc.,etc decide to post ads with google that would appear here?

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options

Thanks Bochiman!!
  • Options
    PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭
    I can't stand advertisements!!! Well, I hope they don't start this ATS
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I know I'll probably get roasted for this, but we're guests here and I support PCGS in doing what they feel is in their own best interests. The forums have been sponsored by their nickel, so it's their right to do what they want here. >>

I agree, it may help offset some of the costs. There are annoying but don't actually change the forums.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

The ads here are less intrusive than 99% of the ads I see on other websites. Solve your problem with the width of the screen and don't worry about them. Standards? If this forum becomes profitable, it then becomes much more likely to be retained and perhaps this software might even get upgraded someday. --Jerry >>

yeah...standards. Something you don't seem to grasp. Glad to see you still feel the need to post in my threads....at first, I thought the smell was just week old garbage waiting to go out, but then I saw your post image >>

ASTM publishes standards, ASME, APC, and many others. Can you cite a reference? --Jerry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file