Home Precious Metals
Options

day/week/month/ etc. that pm's are cheapest

I live in Massachusetts and we have a sales tax on pm purchases under $1000. Right now I have less then that, but will have that amount either next week or the week after. With the recent huge runups in prices I don't want to miss the boat though. So I'm trying to weigh the benefits of getting in before the price goes higher versus having the pay sales tax for under $1000 purchase.

So my question for you guys is, neglecting this recent big upswing, what time of the day, day of the month, month of the year tends to have the cheapest prices due to contracts expiring or a sell/buy cycle or whatever it is?

Comments

• Options
    Trying to time the market in the next few weeks is probably going to be impossible.

You may get some good responses though, and I am curious to see what some of the other's here say.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    Maybe one of the chart guru's could find a month's worth of weekly charts to show the day dips and spikes.

It seem's to spike right after I sell some.. And dips pretty good when I buy....image
  • Options
    konsolekonsole Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    So pretty much when cinman sells I shold buy and vice versa? HA
  • Options

<< <i>So pretty much when cinman sells I shold buy and vice versa? HA >>

I've studied 20+ years of charts for over a decade but right now I don't think I can use my general guidelines.

Normally, late September would be a low point with a build up slowly towards the 10th-15th of December.

In the past there has been a sharp downward spike a week to 10 days before Christmas.

Then we start a slow rise in mid January with a peak in mid to late March. That's enough for now.

I take no responsibility for anything I just posted, but that has been the historical trend.

Generally the summers have been fairly stable with little movement, but you just saw what happened last summer. However, there seems to be little doubt that that was manipulated and it's still having repercussions, obviously.

Use your best judgement and good luck.

"Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    You missed the boat only up from hear until March of 2009. I live in Mass. check out CNT,Inc. 350 Bedford Street Bridgewater,MA 1-508-697-9600
  • Options

<< <i>You missed the boat only up from hear until March of 2009. I live in Mass. check out CNT,Inc. 350 Bedford Street Bridgewater,MA 1-508-697-9600 >>

I just assume buy from one of the online dealers like apmex and bullion direct. I did see that place listed somewhere and its only about 20 minutes from me. Store markeup isnt appealing right now.
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    if you live closer to the border why not just do what all other MA
    residents do...

shop in tax free NH.

;-)
  • Options
    I'm about 30 minutes south of Boston
  • Options
    Buy off the BST board. You wont have to pay sales tax and you will get a better price than any dealer is going to give you.
  • Options
    Konsole check out JJ Teaparty in Boston have sold to them in the past good people and has stock. good luck !!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

i posted this somewhere a few weeks? ago....but in the turmoil that is now...it's hard to follow any chart...of any kind right now,

the charts i have seen do a great job at explaining what happened and can do okay for long trending as long as you know and are knowledgeable of what factors and calculations go into the x/y....and can predict those ..... the above is a graph