drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    one of my favorites...

-sm
  • Options

imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My set of doubled die 1930 Buffs, again

DDO-1, PCGS-65 image

DDO-2, ANACS-64 image

DDO-4, PCGS-65 image

DDO-6, PCGS-66 image

DDO-7, PCGS-65 image

DDR-1, ANACS-63 image >>

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Interesting heard....I mean coins. Very nice.
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Interesting heard....I mean coins. Very nice. >>

luckybucks - To what purpose do you resurrect old threads when you have nothing meaningful to add? If you are enamored with the pics, couldn't you enjoy them privately rather than cluttering up the board?

As I write this, I know this sounds rude and unwelcoming to a new poster, but am I wrong to ask for this courtesy?

Edit - guess he's not technically a new poster image
    "Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blast from the past.
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1918-D Tatanka 5C 15% Off Center Mint Error MS65

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1929s Lamination error nickel (error is next to the chin )

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is not mine, but I think the owner would be ok with me posting it here. Its got that eye candy look to it that I love!!!

imageimage
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    After all these years I get to play. image

Mike
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

luckybucks - To what purpose do you resurrect old threads when you have nothing meaningful to add? If you are enamored with the pics, couldn't you enjoy them privately rather than cluttering up the board?

As I write this, I know this sounds rude and unwelcoming to a new poster, but am I wrong to ask for this courtesy?

Edit - guess he's not technically a new poster image >>

It is a thread that I found interesting. As long as I do not flame anyone or make inappropriate posts, I can post as I wish. As of now, I do not have means to take pictures of what I have coinwise (IE no QUALITY digital camera). Other people may have never seen this thread / forgotten about it (we have picked up alot of new members since 2008 and this type of thread may have never crossed anyone's mind) Alot of these new members have the means to further contribute in ways that right now I cannot.

In terms of "cluttering the board" as long as there is something of value that others can contribute to / learn from, who cares what year the thread originated from ?

Edit to add: just by bumping up this thread, the contributions have been doubled with some more very nice material.
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coinbuf...that is a very nice Buffalo Nickel.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Edit - guess he's not technically a new poster image >>

It is a thread that I found interesting. As long as I do not flame anyone or make inappropriate posts, I can post as I wish. As of now, I do not have means to take pictures of what I have coinwise (IE no QUALITY digital camera). Other people may have never seen this thread / forgotten about it (we have picked up alot of new members since 2008 and this type of thread may have never crossed anyone's mind) Alot of these new members have the means to further contribute in ways that right now I cannot.

In terms of "cluttering the board" as long as there is something of value that others can contribute to / learn from, who cares what year the thread originated from ?

Edit to add: just by bumping up this thread, the contributions have been doubled with some more very nice material. >>

OK I've been duly re "buffed".
    "Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't capture the color or luster on this one, a tougher date to find with a decent strike:

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    That's quite a herd
  • Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

One of these days I gonna have to drop a bundle and buy me one of these notes to go with my herd. Beautiful all the way!!!!
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Coinbuf...that is a very nice Buffalo Nickel.... Cheers, RickO >>

Thanks RickO image
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it when threads get revamped...with images.

1913 5C Type 1 PCGS MS65

1938 D/S Buffalo PCGS MS65 CAC

2005-D 5C Speared Bison PCGS MS64

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

Awesome!!!!
  • Options
    AnalystAnalyst Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

While researching and writing my most recent article, I thought a lot about the dates and varieties that are needed, or should be included, in a complete set of Bufflao Nickels 'by date' (and U.S. Mint location). I was astonished that leading guides list the 1935 Doubled Reverse and the claimed 1936-D 'Three and a Half Legs' varieties along with the regular date and mint combinations. These seem obscure to me. Also, as the 1937-D '3 Legs' is a mint error, then should it be included in standard sets 'by date' (and mint)? What are the thoughts on these points of the members of this forum?

Classic U.S. Coins for less than $500 each, Part 9: Buffalo Nickels

insightful10{{at}} gmail.com
    "In order to understand the scarce coins that you own or see, you must learn about coins that you cannot afford." -Me
  • Options
    MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked my wife for the jar, and she said "no can do."
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options
    EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't got the color of this one captured perfectly just yet, but it is close.

JH
  • Options
    rmpsrpmsrmpsrpms Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my blue-toned 34P:

PM me for coin photography equipment, or visit my website:

http://macrocoins.com
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1918-D Tatanka 5C 15% Off Center Mint Error MS65

image >>

nice coin image
  • Options