Home Precious Metals
Options

Broke my durn Bullion Scale....please help>>> Recommendations needed!

Dang-Blasted!!!!

Earlier today I knocked my old digital bullion scale off my desk and then stepped on it....broke the carp out of it!imageimageimageimage

Can someone please refer-recommend to me a good scale....not too expensive....gives me weights in grams, Adv oz, Troy oz, Dtw.....and has a decent capacity. Digital of course. Can run on batteries or AC.

I see a ton on ebay on a quick search...but they all overwhelm me......have no idea what to even look at........ and I would rather have some personal recommendations.

Names....model number....price and link would be cool (THANKS)

RAH image

Comments

• Options
    I can't recommend a specific model, but I can recommend a place I have bought from.

RightOnScales.com
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    if it was me i would not accept a scale that can only do grams
    by units of 1. that just shows how cheap it truly is.

i just went through this and returned two in just the last week.

set a bar on it, it says one thing. remove bar set back on and off
    by one gram...

so it is rounding in a way i do not understand.

.1 gram increments or a true analytical scale.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    do they sell scales at places like Office Depot? If they do maybe you can check out what they have.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options

<< <i>I can't recommend a specific model, but I can recommend a place I have bought from.

RightOnScales.com >>

Just what I needed rgcoinguy....have bookmarked it and will return later tonight...looks like a couple there that will do perfectly.

thanks
    RAH
  • Options

<< <i>if it was me i would not accept a scale that can only do grams
    by units of 1. that just shows how cheap it truly is.

i just went through this and returned two in just the last week.

set a bar on it, it says one thing. remove bar set back on and off
    by one gram...

so it is rounding in a way i do not understand.

.1 gram increments or a true analytical scale. >>

I agree and will take that into consider...looks like the scales at the link that rgcoinguy posted above all measure at .1 gram.

Thanks for this suggestion.
    RAH
  • Options

<< <i>do they sell scales at places like Office Depot? If they do maybe you can check out what they have. >>

The office supply shops sell scales for weighing mail and packages....not "fine" enough for small amounts....ie...see fc's suggestion above. But thanks for that suggestion.

Thanks Mike!

RAH
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

<< <i>do they sell scales at places like Office Depot? If they do maybe you can check out what they have. >>

they are only suitable for postage. 1 gram increments and i bought
    the 50 dollar model to try and was disappointed with it.

might as well goto walmart and buy the 23 dollar scale. same thing.
  • Options
    Thanks All...I think I found one that will suit my humble needs.

RAH
  • Options
    Old fashioned here.

I use an Ohous triple beam balance with extended weights.

No electricty needed, accurate as anything on the planet within a reasonable price.

If you knock it off your desk, the problem will be it hitting your foot, not the other way around. image
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options

<< <i>

If you knock it off your desk, the problem will be it hitting your foot, not the other way around. image >>

LOLOLO...gave me a good laugh this morning!

My problem is space...would love to have one like you have....very historic..but my desk and office now is jammed packed with junk.....I need to have junk sale!

RAH
  • Options
    sumrtymsumrtym Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    MyWeigh puts out a 400-z model (400g) that on Amazon is less than $20, fits in your pocket to carry with you, and covered by a 30 year warranty.