Home Precious Metals
Options

What did Helicoptor Ben do now? PM's giving up all of todays gains...

We crossed 900 twice at least today in Gold, but now the Stock Market took off at the end of the day and PM's are giving it all back....
imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?

Comments

• Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    I was wondering the same thing. jws
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    It's the return of the cartel/market manipulators, haven't you heard? They were running late this morning and didn't have a chance to sabotage the market until the afternoon.

Just remember, any time prices drop, it's due to manipulation. Any time prices increase, it's the market working in all its glory. image
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭
    More gov't intervention. Talk of an RTC type system.
  • Options
    They banned short selling of financial stocks in England, no uptick, no downtick, no short sales period.
  • Options

<< <i>They banned short selling of financial stocks in England, no uptick, no downtick, no short sales period. >>

They may as well just ban selling equities, period.
  • Options
    partagaspartagas Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭
    This is such a bad idea. The markets not allowing to naturally function. This intervention only means one thing. More national debt.

Which leads to declining dollar and inflation.
    If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around. Am I still wrong?
  • Options
    They're considering creating an gov't entity to guarantee banks' bad debt.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Folks who think SHORTs who play by the rules are hurting the markets
    are going to be REALLY surprised to see what happens to equity prices
    if legitimate SHORTs are closed out.

There is no downward force in the markets as great and violent as that
    created by LONGs when they panic.

SHORTs are a relief-valve and help assure an orderly market. Just a few
    fear-crazed LONGs in panic-mode can take prices down lower/faster than
    an army of legit SHORTs can.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options

<< <i>They're considering creating an gov't entity to guarantee banks' bad debt. >>

Fully subsidized by us taxpayers, of course.image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folks who think SHORTs who play by the rules are hurting the markets are going to be REALLY surprised to see what happens to equity prices if legitimate SHORTs are closed out.

There is no downward force in the markets as great and violent as that created by LONGs when they panic.

Not to worry, Storm. The next step will be to limit the liquidation of LONG positions.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    JoesMaNameJoesMaName Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They're considering creating an gov't entity to guarantee banks' bad debt. >>

I wonder how many masters degrees it took to come up with that brilliant idea!
    Paul - saved by
    The Fireman...
  • Options

<< <i>Folks who think SHORTs who play by the rules are hurting the markets
    if legitimate SHORTs are closed out. >>

"Legimate" and "playing by the rules" being the key phrases here.

Greed often kills the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Nothing wrong with shorts as long as it is backed by a real asset commodity.

When it isn't, as in SLV, is when people get hurt.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    <<They're considering creating an gov't entity to guarantee banks' bad debt. >>

Don't you SEE??? That solves EVERYTHING!!!image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    JoesMaNameJoesMaName Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

<< <i><<They're considering creating an gov't entity to guarantee banks' bad debt. >>

Don't you SEE??? That solves EVERYTHING!!!image >>

Yup it was there all along....

Anyone see the movie Idiocracy?
    (You just gota watch the clip but language Warning!)
    I can totally see that guy proposing such a plan.
    Paul - saved by
    The Fireman...
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember, any time prices drop, it's due to manipulation. Any time prices increase, it's the market working in all its glory.

Just remember all those who incorrectly called for gold's demise this month........and for no less than years. image

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

<< <i>Just remember, any time prices drop, it's due to manipulation. Any time prices increase, it's the market working in all its glory.

Just remember all those who incorrectly called for gold's demise this month........and for no less than years. image

roadrunner >>

I've just learned to ignore the kid's who post that crap.

It's always 2 steps forward, one step back, 1 forward, 2 back, 3 forward, 1 back, rinse, repeat as needed.

Weren't we going through this 6-7 years ago as well?

Their track record looks like some of the demolished bridges around Souteast Texas these days.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
  • Options
    "When it isn't, as in SLV, is when people get hurt...."

////////////////////////////////

SLV is fully backed by the precise amount of inventory required by law.

ANYBODY who thinks otherwise, and has a TINY bit of evidence to support
    their theory, should contact the newly awakened SEC.

enforcement@sec.gov
  • Options
    "Just remember all those who incorrectly called for gold's demise this month........and for no less than years."

//////////////////////////////////////

A little early to declare any type of victory.

Gold will be VERY lucky to escape 2008 above $600.

The money that poured in yetserday was LARGELY dumb-money.
    It came from peasants who redeemed mutual funds. LOTS of
    those folks will escape, before it's too late; some will not.

SHORTS beat the carp out of GLD this afternoon. They will continue
    to do the same every time their is bogus strength displayed.

SHORTS will always win. That is why the crybabies want to "outlaw" them.

• Options

<< <i>SLV is fully backed by the precise amount of inventory required by law. >>

Don't believe a word of that, sorry.

They are in the fractional banking business with an inceribly twisted, one sided set of rules.

They have never had their vaults inventoried/audited, only the paper.

You can bet they have paid off enough politicians to keep them under cover. At least for now.

They have been reported by many with more pull than I and with evidence.

Just because they think they will never be audited, doesn't mean they are operating above board.

See cinman 14's posts. He puts the issue to rest very succinctly.

When you buy paper, you damage those holding the physical.

One day those holding the paper will have plenty of expensive toilet paper/firestarter.

History always repeats itself, in one form or another. Remember your history and 1980 specifically.
  • Options
    "Shorts will always win"

Is that because of the ability to Naked Short?
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • Options

<< <i>"Shorts will always win"

Is that because of the ability to Naked Short? >>

/////////////////

No.

It's because in the end, MOST folks have an exit-strategy that will
    push everything but cash - or whatever the scorekeeping medium is -
    toward ZERO and away from PAR.

Naked-Shorting has for decades been prohibited. It is against the "law"
    and is akin to counterfeiting. I have complained about it for YEARS. Today,
    for the first time, the SEC has decided to "enforce" the rules.

Neither GLD nor SLV are being naked-shorted. There has been no need
    to do that. EVERY brokerage on the planet has TONS of the shares that
    they are happy to "loan" for a small fee.

Neither security has ever been on the Reg.-SHO list, as far as I can find.

• Options
    "They have never had their vaults inventoried/audited, only the paper."

//////////////////////

That is a completely FALSE statement.

The SEC filings are based on physical inspections ("audits") that involve recording/comparing
    bar-numbers that were delivered with the numbers present on the palletized bars.

There are good reasons why ETFs are not good for everybody. That the commodities
    are missing is NOT one of those reasons.

Holders of junk silver have the ETF SLV to thank for getting them out of the price gutter.
    IF the SLV-Trust was disolved tomorrow, the price would hit sub-$5 FAST.

• Options

<< <i>"When it isn't, as in SLV, is when people get hurt...."

////////////////////////////////

SLV is fully backed by the precise amount of inventory required by law.

ANYBODY who thinks otherwise, and has a TINY bit of evidence to support
    their theory, should contact the newly awakened SEC.

enforcement@sec.gov >>

Backed by the precise amount of inventory required by law? And whats that....about 10% physical metal for all the paper sold?
  • Options
    "Holders of junk silver have the ETF SLV to thank for getting them out of the price gutter.
    IF the SLV-Trust was disolved tomorrow, the price would hit sub-$5 FAST."

Im not so sure about this statement. If this were to happen, 2 things however would be certain. Prices would be FAR more stable. Those who wanted to buy/speculate on silver would actually have to BUY silver. You think physical supply is low now?!?!?!
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"They have never had their vaults inventoried/audited, only the paper."

//////////////////////

That is a completely FALSE statement.

The SEC filings are based on physical inspections ("audits") that involve recording/comparing
    bar-numbers that were delivered with the numbers present on the palletized bars.

There are good reasons why ETFs are not good for everybody. That the commodities
    are missing is NOT one of those reasons.

Holders of junk silver have the ETF SLV to thank for getting them out of the price gutter.
    IF the SLV-Trust was disolved tomorrow, the price would hit sub-$5 FAST. >>

I disagree with the "completely false" assertion. SLV contracts out the storage of the silver to various entities..... and accepts each entities accounting (audits) at face value. In other words, they do not verify physical. Who really knows what games have been played by the entities that supposedly store the silver.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    "Backed by the precise amount of inventory required by law? And whats that....about 10% physical metal for all the paper sold? "

//////////////////////

No.

One Share of SLV = One OZ Silver in the vault.

(There are extensions granted - maximum a few days - for the trustees
    to up/down the inventory when/if they issue new shares or redeem existing
    shares. Often, deliveries are made the next-day; sometimes, it takes a little
    longer and ANY delay is reported in SEC filings.)

I know the black-helicopter crowd hates the idea, but it is simply a FACT.

///////////////////////////////

As I have previously stated:

ETFs are a trading vehicle. They are NOT suitable for building a stash.
    "Emergency PMs" need to be in hand. Trading PMs is MUCH more
    profitable than holding PMs. I cannot drive to the coin store five-times
    a day and haul 10K ounces on each trip; that is why the ETFs are GREAT.

• Options
    ANYBODY who thinks otherwise, and has a TINY bit of evidence to support their theory, should contact the newly awakened SEC.

They are only awake to prevent illegal shorting of FED/PPT favored stocks. Gold stocks will never be audited as it's contrary to politician's goals.

A little early to declare any type of victory.

Very presumptious to assume we're heading back to $600. 2008 will very lucky to escape without gold ending up around $1000.

The money that poured in yetserday was LARGELY dumb-money.
    It came from peasants who redeemed mutual funds. LOTS of
    those folks will escape, before it's too late; some will not.

Be definition any money but Storm888 money is now dumb. I get it. It seems that now the peasants are supporting the gold market as well. Whatever story floats your boat. Shorts got the crap beat out of them from $770 to $913. That must have been fun. How many are now underwater praying for some FED-games to bail them out of a jam. I didn't know that those hurting from illegal operations whether naked shorting or trafficking in drugs were considered cry-babies when they legally petition Congress and the SEC to do their jobs. But alas, this all posturing by the SEC to smooth over the mess to give the sheeple some semblance of enforcement while the SEC goes back to sleep until called upon to comment again on the stock market carny scam. Has the SEC ever caught a single entity naked short selling in the gold or silver markets in the past 5 yrs? You would have thought there would be at least 1 just to show a token wink to enforcing the laws. It's not like they are busy enforcing those laws anywhere else. Just what does the SEC do except ring the opening bell for celebrities and cat nap on the front porch? And the head of the Senate Banking committee is no better questioning "where was the SEC" while he was allowing the banks and mortgage backers to run wild while not uttering a peep. It's time for some accountability training.

Ben has the black helicoptor being supercharged - he's gonna need all that for the liquidity drops he will be making. Has anyone from Congress approved the $500 BILL he spent this week?

roadrunner
  • Options
    "Shorts got the crap beat out of them from $770 to $913. "

///////////////////////

Most of those bets were placed when the junk was near $1K.

Today's tracks:

$831

$918

$850

I hope the shills did not suck up a ton of simpletons above $900 this morning.

My bets are solid and I will continue to SHORT into strength, at whatever the price-level is.

I may - if they don't ban SHORTing - make a new trading-pile. My current pile is in CORE (paper stash).

//////////

Since the Feds favor my side of the trade, it is unlikely that forced-buyins will be instituted,
    but you never know what might happen. It is probably a good idea to keep ultra-pushey
    SHORT positions in a segregated account; good luck trying to collect from defaulted SHORTs
    that were forced to cover by the government.........they won't pay. As I said, I doubt the
    restrictions will be anything but prospective; caution is good, though.

• Options
    FTR........

I agree with rr on the SEC.

They have cost me fortunes by failing to enforce NS-rules.

OTOH, I guess I could say that they have made me tons by
    looking the other way when I was on the correct side of the
    trade. Maybe it all balances out.

Important to note that on the issue of "naked shorting," retailers
    are not really in a position to have engaged in the practice. We did
    piggyback though, by having the same positions that it was obvious
    the crooks had.

• Options

<< <i>No.

to up/down the inventory when/if they issue new shares or redeem existing >>

I know your eyes are brown because you are full of it.

I can accept people being mistaken as they are often lied to.

However, now that you have personally insulted me with the "black helicopter" snide remark, things are going to be different.

You are the enemy of those of us who hold physical silver, remember that.

BTW, jerk, I can personally take you to an unmarked on any map airfield less than 45 minutes from my home and if you are man enough to walk and crawl through some brambles and ditches at night, you too can see over 200 unmarked black helicopters. They do exist and in large numbers. I'm just as certain you have no clue as to why. Lemme help you out; they are used by ICE and Spec Ops, twin stacked rotors and no ID numbers or letters on them anywhere. Much more common in border states, obviously.

But that wasn't what you meant, was it? No, you were just insulting me and that was the first foolish thing you could come up with, did you forget tinfoil hat?

Not my fault that you are too ignorant to know the difference.

Do you believe everything you are told? Or is it that you just believe the lies coming from SLV? Well that, and US Government lies about black unmarked helicopters.

Tell you what, you prove to us that they actually hold the physical to back every ounce in certificate. Unless you can do that without resorting to SLV BS documents, then stop lying to make yourself look smart.

Produce outside audit reports from an independent source of recent nature or stop with the sales pitch for them.

This forum is about precious metals, not counterfeit fractional certificates.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>No.

to up/down the inventory when/if they issue new shares or redeem existing >>

I know your eyes are brown because you are full of it.

I can accept people being mistaken as they are often lied to.

However, now that you have personally insulted me with the "black helicopter" snide remark, things are going to be different.

You are the enemy of those of us who hold physical silver, remember that.

BTW, jerk, I can personally take you to an unmarked on any map airfield less than 45 minutes from my home and if you are man enough to walk and crawl through some brambles and ditches at night, you too can see over 200 unmarked black helicopters. They do exist and in large numbers. I'm just as certain you have no clue as to why. Lemme help you out; they are used by ICE and Spec Ops, twin stacked rotors and no ID numbers or letters on them anywhere. Much more common in border states, obviously.

But that wasn't what you meant, was it? No, you were just insulting me and that was the first foolish thing you could come up with, did you forget tinfoil hat?

Not my fault that you are too ignorant to know the difference.

Do you believe everything you are told? Or is it that you just believe the lies coming from SLV? Well that, and US Government lies about black unmarked helicopters.

Tell you what, you prove to us that they actually hold the physical to back every ounce in certificate. Unless you can do that without resorting to SLV BS documents, then stop lying to make yourself look smart.

Produce outside audit reports from an independent source of recent nature or stop with the sales pitch for them.

This forum is about precious metals, not counterfeit fractional certificates. >>

///////////////////////////////////////////////
    //////////////////////////////////////////////

You are one sick puppy.

• Options
    Not at all.

Tired of the crap.

Don't like being insulted out of the blue and I have a problem with ignorance.

Produce your evidence.
  • Options

<< <i>Not at all.

Tired of the crap.

Don't like being insulted out of the blue and I have a problem with ignorance.

Produce your evidence. >>

///////////////////

The "evidence" is in the SEC-filings.

You refuse to accept it.

Your repeated wrongful allegations exhibit the height of ignorance.

Your defamatory allegations against Barclays are untrue. If your ignorant
    self was dragged into court on the issue, you would be unable to prove
    your FALSE allegations.

• Options
    Neither GLD nor SLV are being naked-shorted. There has been no need to do that. EVERY brokerage on the planet has TONS of the shares that they are happy to "loan" for a small fee.

That doesn't mean that naked-shorting isn't being done, and how would they distinguish the two, even if they wanted to? Shorting a commodity or a stock without being able to back it up is inherently corrupt on the face of it. No rationale can make it otherwise.

The liquidity argument is bogus. If no one wants to sell, the price should automatically seek out the next highest seller and bingo - instant liquidity. Offering borrowed assets is corrupt, especially when it paints a picture that there are more sellers than buyers, which is not the case.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    relax guys. i made the mistake of getting too hot with roadrunner
    and i feel bad for that.

lets just discuss things. let remarks slide off as the puns they are.

• Options
    "That doesn't mean that naked-shorting isn't being done, and how would they distinguish the two,...."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Failure To Deliver" is the ONLY criteria there is.

Legit SHORTs deliver at T+3, and are recorded.

FTDs simply NEVER deliver; or, in the case of LEH, for example, "buy-in" post bankruptcy.

//////////////////////
    /////////////////////

"...The liquidity argument is bogus. ..."

Take a look at the Chi-COM market to see how bogus it is.

SHORTing is prohibited there. Looks like about a 50% CRASH in the past 12-months.
    W/O SHORTs, you have nothing but a Ponzi-scheme that relies on the greater sucker
    to bail out the guy before him. When the suckers are all gone, the scheme implodes
    and almost everybody is Xd-out....QUICKLY.

SHORTing also helps keep the corrupt CEOs/BODs of JUNK-corps from continuing to
    profit from their crimes.

Like Paulson told Cox, "It's against the law to yell fire in a crowded theatre, but it's
    proper to warn folks not to go into a theatre that has no fire escape." SHORTs often
    sound that kind of warning to the public and save innocent folks from losing their money.
    (I doubt Cox will pay that any heed. He needs some scapegoats, so the SHORT-train
    is likely about to derail.)

• Options

Should we change the name of this thread to: PRECIOUS PAPER?

• Options
    CalGoldCalGold Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    Perhaps the most galling thing about short selling is that the brokerage houses sellout their own customers by lending their stock to the shorts. So the house makes money by lending the long’s stock to the shorts so that the shorts can drive down its value. Most investors don’t realize this is going on.

Beyond that iniquity, the SEC has had its head in the sand about abusive short selling for years. The final nail was driven into Baer Stearns’s coffin by shorts who spread false rumors, which drove down the price and eliminated its chances of raising capital. Jamie Dimon, whose JP Morgan wound up the beneficiary of the short scheme by buying Baer, said publicly that those responsible for spreading the false rumors should go to jail, but the SEC has never bothers to investigate false rumors. So if they are not going to enforce the law on the shorts, they need to outlaw shorting.

CG
  • Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

SHORTing is prohibited there. Looks like about a 50% CRASH in the past 12-months.
    W/O SHORTs, you have nothing but a Ponzi-scheme that relies on the greater sucker
    to bail out the guy before him. When the suckers are all gone, the scheme implodes

SHORTing also helps keep the corrupt CEOs/BODs of JUNK-corps from continuing to
    profit from their crimes.

Like Paulson told Cox, "It's against the law to yell fire in a crowded theatre, but it's
    proper to warn folks not to go into a theatre that has no fire escape." SHORTs often
    sound that kind of warning to the public and save innocent folks from losing their money.
    (I doubt Cox will pay that any heed. He needs some scapegoats, so the SHORT-train
    is likely about to derail.) >>

So, by prohibiting the naked shorts, the fed is allowing the re-expansion of the financial stocks in essence? Taking away the "release-valve" so to speak, of what keeps the stock price "honest"?

Keep it up Storm - I am much enjoying the commentary, but am not so certain that it comforts me as I have a lot of physical gold and silver.
  • Options
    "...but am not so certain that it comforts me as I have a lot of physical gold and silver. ..."

//////////////////////

Me too.

Everybody should have "enough," in case of an "emergency."

NOBODY should put MOST of their cash into it and just let it sit there.

SHORTing the ETFs against the box - your physical stash - is sometimes a great
    way to protect/increase profits. If you get lucky, you can even GROW the stash
    with the proceeds.

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Folks who think SHORTs who play by the rules are hurting the markets
    if legitimate SHORTs are closed out.

There is no downward force in the markets as great and violent as that
    created by LONGs when they panic.

SHORTs are a relief-valve and help assure an orderly market. Just a few
    fear-crazed LONGs in panic-mode can take prices down lower/faster than
    an army of legit SHORTs can. >>

Indeed.

This is scariest move yet but surely it's local and temporary.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The SEC and most regulatory bodies in this country could
    keep busy for twenty years just investigating the shenanigans
    going on right now out in the open if they ever decided to enforce
    the laws.

There has been 100,000,000's of ounces of paper silver on the market
    for much longer than there have been any warehouse supplies
    of any note.

SLV may be mostly on the up and up but this hardly extends across the board.

Remember that the LME defaulted on nickel just a couple years ago.

It's beginning to look like all the markets are rigged and the
    riggers are losing their grip.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options

<< <i>Perhaps the most galling thing about short selling is that the brokerage houses sellout their own customers by lending their stock to the shorts. So the house makes money by lending the long’s stock to the shorts so that the shorts can drive down its value. Most investors don’t realize this is going on.

Beyond that iniquity, the SEC has had its head in the sand about abusive short selling for years. The final nail was driven into Baer Stearns’s coffin by shorts who spread false rumors, which drove down the price and eliminated its chances of raising capital. Jamie Dimon, whose JP Morgan wound up the beneficiary of the short scheme by buying Baer, said publicly that those responsible for spreading the false rumors should go to jail, but the SEC has never bothers to investigate false rumors. So if they are not going to enforce the law on the shorts, they need to outlaw shorting.

CG >>

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Under the "Borrow To Lend" programs at ALL brokerage houses,
    the firms have the right to loan YOUR securities held in "any margin
    account.....even if such shares are not encumbered by current margin
    debt."

There are some ways to deal with it:

1. You can negotiate a loan rate with your broker. If the firm loans
    your paid-for shares, they will pay you a fee.

2. You can segregate your paid-for shares; move them into a CASH account
    and file a "Do Not Lend Notice," in writing.

3. You can enter a sell order at 4X the current value of your paid-for shares.
    (Shares with an active sell-order attached will not be loaned.)

////////////////////////
    ///////////////////////
    ///////////////////////

The SEC is a failed steward of retail-investors' rights. And, much worse.

A little company known as FRPT went from a few-cents up to the low $30s
    between 2005 and 2007.

The company builds and holds patents on MRAP trucks and tech. MRAPs
    are the Mine Resistant Ambush Protected trucks that put a virtual end
    to troop deaths by IEDs.

Because FRPT was not "favored" by the corrupt military-procurement
    process, an opening was created for Trent Lott to provide work for
    the Katrina victims. The company that Lott wanted on the job is a
    maker of garbage-trucks, and they had no idea how to build MRAPs.

FRPT was ready to provide LIFE SAVING trucks, but the procurement
    was slowed down to give Lott's pals a chance to infringe or buy the
    needed tech. HUNDREDS of American troops were KILLED and THOUSANDS
    were wounded during the wait.

To assure that FRPT stayed out of contention, a NAKED SHORT attack
    was launched. HUNDREDS of "news stories" were published that
    contained false reports about FRPT's ability to produce the LIFE SAVING
    vehicles "fast enough." (Cramer and Cohen - SAC Capital - were up to their necks
    in the attack. Cohen is Cramer's financial angel; Cramer runs The Street.com,
    an influential hit sheet, that ran dozens of FRPT smears. Cramer also used
    his TV show to slime FRPT.)

As troops continued to DIE, the DOD continued to leak info that FRPT would
    be replaced as the primary vendor by Lott's buddies. Shares of FRPT began
    to tank.........$31+ down to $1.00.

As with ALL naked-short scams, the class-action lawyers were enlisted at
    the front end of the RICO-Enterprise. As FRPT tanked, the SEC was on notice
    for months, and the stock was on the Reg.SHO-List for 100+ days, a dozen
    lawsuits were filed "on behalf of shareholders." The suits further tanked the
    PPS. The suits, of course, have ZERO merit and will simply die.

At one point, a company with 65-million shares SHOWED more than 100-million
    shares in play. Tutes and insiders owned most of the REAL shares so it was obvious
    that the "extra" shares were counterfeit SHORTs.

The SEC "was looking into it," while US troops continued to DIE. Finally, major
    contracts were awarded to Lott's pals, and an INFERIOR truck was sent into
    battle; there have been several deaths and MANY injuries in the "bomb-proof
    trucks" that Lott's gang delivered.

FRPT had legitimate problems and was NOT a well run company. It's management
    were scoundrels and incompetent. If Cox had acted prudently, management
    could have been run-off - as they finally were - and a small company that
    "cracked the code" on building IED-Proof vehicles could have saved HUNDREDS
    of American lives. (FRPT trucks have THOUSANDS of direct hits with ZERO fatalities.)

When the SEC felt a little heat, FRPT was fraudulently removed from the Reg.SHO-List,
    using faked delivery tickets. FRPT is now back on the list and has been there for
    about 130 consecutive days.

The naked shorts - with the help of the SEC - are directly responsible for the deaths
    of HUNDREDS of American troops. Financial Terrorism at its worst.

To date, FRPT has delivered more MRAPs than all other makers combined. The USMC
    and numerous foreign governments use FRPT vehicles almost exclusively. The stock
    is currently trading at about $3. Millions of naked-shares are still "out there."

www.businessjive.com

• Options
    The "evidence" is in the SEC-filings.

Are these any more accurate than fraudulent tax returns? Without a legitimate audit program all you have is recyclable paper. I'm sure you'd find some CU Forum members who would willingly audit these stocks for free. Sign me up. But first I want to audit Fort Knox.

Well we do have fiat money which in hindsight is looking awfully "Ponzi-like." The govt seems intent on sticking to Ponzi schemes. First king fiat, rigged stock markets, then Fannie/Freddie derivatives, etc. Now this Resolution Trust Corporation?! Are they kidding? Another Barbarous relic from the S&L Bailout days?

Resolution: It will not resolve anything, only bury the stink and delay it from reaching the surface.
    Trust: There is absolutely nothing trust worthy going on here. More like criminal.
    Corporation: There is no corporation here but simply debt to be repaid in our kid's and grandkid's names.

roadrunner

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rr

It seems that more the gov't tries to "resolve" this debt crisis the larger the crash will be.

I was nervous when I saw Big Ben, Hank, THE speaker, Harry, Cox et al. in a meeting last night.

Should we be even more worried(?)

I think the pendulum just got an extra push.

Ren
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    The world has never seen 80 trillion dollars worth of

questionable financial instruments sloshing around

the globe. The amount involved is so large, I am

afraid that anything we do to mitigate it, will only purchase

a small amount of time. Far too little, far too late .

Where is Herbert Hoover when we need him.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I believe that gold and silver will rise and roil,

they will slip and slide, turn over, roll over and

confound us, delight us, dismay us and confuse us.

Never ever believe what any Government tells us.
    This is the actual translation of Gov Speak:

The economic troubles are contained.....................................All Hell is about to break loose

We are taking aggressive steps to solve the problem...........We might buy you a couple of months at best.

The economy is on sound footing...........................................Look out below.

The safety net is secure.........................................................Secure maybe, for members of Congress.

There is no need for worry ....................................................Be very worried indeed.

The only thing you have to fear, is fear itself........................ ..That and starvation, unemployment, bankruptcy

no heat, no home, no health care, and no vaseline

for the shafting you are about to receive.

We are taking all steps possible and necessary t...............Yes indeed. Martial law, bank holidays, rationing and
    the ever popular freezing of all funds.
    resolve the situation

We will do everything necessary to insure liquidity.............Ben Bernacki will be doing water drops from his helicopter
    to help put out the raging fires from uncontrolled rioting.
    to the market place.

There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    How about instead of recalling and confiscating gold, they just recall and confiscate derivatives? image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear, how about...

"...the fundamentals are good." x 22

what does that mean? rhetorical ?

R
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How about instead of recalling and confiscating gold, they just recall and confiscate derivatives? image >>

you and i could "buy" all of them and still have enough left over for a couple of "Happy Meals"

that is how sick a situation we have been put into.