Home Precious Metals
Options

Gold Bounces Big Time...

RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know...I know...there's a PM forum...but they're not as much fun over there! So let's pretend we're only talking about Eagles...and nobody will get hurt!

But anyhow...something (AIG bail-out, Russian market collapse, WaMu pending collapse...?) has finally lit a fire under the shiny stuff today!

Scary to think that all of the doom and gloom hypothesis over the years ain't looking too crazy anymore!

Comments

• Options
    Yay for rebounds!
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options

Now...if people could start hording platinum...we'd have something!
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I know...I know...there's a PM forum...but they're not as much fun over there! So let's pretend we're only talking about Eagles...and nobody will get hurt!

But anyhow...something (AIG bail-out, Russian market collapse, WaMu pending collapse...?) has finally lit a fire under the shiny stuff today!

Scary to think that all of the doom and gloom hypothesis over the years ain't looking too crazy anymore! >>

You are right....it's boring over there.

PM's belong in this forum!!!

BTW, please vote in my poll on the PM Forum........ Poll Here
  • Options

Already cast my vote...a no...but in light of recent turmoil, I do think we may be close to 1k.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be nice.... a big bounce for the holidays... Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>That would be nice.... a big bounce for the holidays... Cheers, RickO >>

The 09 UHR Saint comes out in January! NOOO! We want a FALL for the Holidays image
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just mentioned a couple days ago on the PM forum that a $250 one day increase in gold was doable.

I'm not very surprised.

If it's not the end of the world gold should do well and if it is then you can't eat General Motors either.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options

All kidding aside...

Is anyone else [more than a little] bit unnerved by the recent events in the financial markets?!?

Holding gold is a nice hedge...and a good 'I told you so' moment, but having the dollar and other assets falling through the floor ain't good either.

Thoughts? Are we closer to the end of this...or is it now entering a different phase?

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Is anyone else [more than a little] bit unnerved by the recent events in the financial markets?!?
    >>

Anyone not unnerved is a fool. This has been a huge financial implosion
    but for the first time in history it's being "managed" using a lot of new know-
    ledge of the operation of markets and economies.

These waves will have to ripple all through the entire economy before it's
    known for certain that no integral part will collapse.

Some of the greatest threats are political both in terms of upsetting emerg-
    ing economies and reacting poorly to changing conditions by enacting inap-
    propriate law.

There should be a lot of opportunity here. I would advise most people to
    to avoid making big bets on a collapse. Few would profit even if they're cor-
    rect. The stock market should be over 60,000 by the middle of the next dec-
    ade. This is where most of the real money will be made though there's
    still probably little need to rush to get in.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, please vote in my poll on the PM Forum........ Poll Here
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think $5000 gold would be far more likely in 2015 than 60,000 Dow. Just my 2 cents. I don't think this current malaise will be fully wiped out and corrected by 2015. Because of the extended length of the last commodity bear, I would expect a very extended commodity bull lasting in some form until 2015-2017.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    any bets gold will close above $900/oz. tomorrow?

NBC announced on national news just now that gold is the place everyone is running...

!!!
  • Options
    I don't know if any of you guys noticed, but CNBC turned off their gold ticker today...image
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to running to Treasuries?

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold