Home Precious Metals
Options

Nice gold bounce today - UPDATED largest one day Dollar bounce EVER.

Up 37 as of the time of this post to 815.
imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?

Comments

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    nice boost for silver too! I'm on apmex and their chart shows plat and palladium also up.

I bet the physical supply of silver will still be scarce for a while.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    to be expected after such a drop and the news lately.
    lets see how long it can keep the trend up.
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Dang over $54 today so far, let's see how it closes.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volatility is the order of the day. My interpretation is that people don't know which way to turn to keep their money safe.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Volatility is the order of the day. My interpretation is that people don't know which way to turn to keep their money safe. >>

Probably right, but silver is moving up as well. At least they have actual value, I don't think people know which paper will be firestarter next.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    Probably right, but silver is moving up as well. At least they have actual value, I don't think people know which paper will be firestarter next.

No market is much fun right now, and the question is which assets will win out in the end. I have no doubts about the end result of this mess.

If paper goes to $0.10 on the dollar, and pms go to $0.30 on the dollar, guess which is the better hold?

Conversely, the bailouts seem to have no end in sight. That "money" is coming from somewhere, and it's not hard to figure out where. That being the case, and even stronger argument for gold and silver can be made.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    I've already gave my full proof advice, now listen!

If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would
    now be worth $49.00.

With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1000.00.

With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.

If you had purchased $1000 of Delta Air Lines stock you would have
    $49.00 left

If you had purchased United Airlines you would have nothing left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drank
    all the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling
    REFUND, You would have had $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink
    heavily and recycle.

It's called the 401-Keg Plan
  • Options
    Up 67! Maybe more than a nice bounce, may hit up 10% in one day....
  • Options

<< <i>I've already gave my full proof advice, now listen!

If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would
    now be worth $49.00.

With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1000.00.

With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.

If you had purchased $1000 of Delta Air Lines stock you would have
    $49.00 left

If you had purchased United Airlines you would have nothing left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drank
    all the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling
    REFUND, You would have had $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink
    heavily and recycle.

It's called the 401-Keg Plan >>

I think you meant "fool-proof", but it's certainly imaginative and the logic is impossible to argue with.

How much will that liver transplant cost?

Probably should factor that in as well.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
  • Options
    No I'm full from drinking all that beer to jack up my investment.image I didn't consider a liver transplant as important, it's the end of the world soon you knowimage
  • Options

<< <i>No I'm full from drinking all that beer to jack up my investment.image I didn't consider a liver transplant as important, it's the end of the world soon you knowimage >>

It certainly looks like the end of the world from the view in my front yard. I think my fences are somewhere up near Ohio by now. At least wood was rising there for a while. It was rocketing skyward Friday night and Saturday morning!

I gave up the beer years ago and there isn't much value in empty bottles of Boodles and lime rinds.

Still, your idea has promise, several of my stock buddies drink beer. I'll pass it along to them.

I have a feeling they are full these days as well.

Now if we only had phones.............. I'd give them a call. image
  • Options
    Deadhorse, I'm glad to see that you are back and kicking. You're description of Houston doesn't sound good. Stay safe.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    to be expected after such a drop and the news lately....lets see how long it can keep the trend up.

Yes, this was quite apparent in your posts of the past few days. John Nadler was also predicting a $65 jump.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

<< <i>Deadhorse, I'm glad to see that you are back and kicking. You're description of Houston doesn't sound good. Stay safe. >>

There is a media blackout, that's why the rest of the nation doesn't know.

Our Mayor is planning a run for Governor as he is term limited and he thinks this is his best play. You ought to hear the screaming from national reporters at the press conferences, they run them live every 3-4 hours. Never heard anything like it! He's being compared to Mussolini!!

All our major local TV is still 24-7 disaster recovery and reports on the next FEMA trucks arriving.

FEMA blew it too, now there's a shocker for you. image
  • Options

<< <i> to be expected after such a drop and the news lately....lets see how long it can keep the trend up.

Yes, this was quite apparent in your posts of the past few days. John Nadler was also predicting a $65 jump.

roadrunner >>

what is the beef? it drops a lot over the last few weeks and of course it will go up again

SHORT TERM.

I still think it was over priced at 1000 while you were claiming 1200... just basically
    parroting the websites you read.

On the other hand, i sold what I had and am able to buy it back cheaper then i sold.

actions speak louder then words.
  • Options
    konsolekonsole Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    Gold up $85 and silver up $1.50
    WOWZA

definately a refreshing change from the constant downware spiral the metals have seen recentl. I wonder if it will continue though.
  • Options

<< <i>nice boost for silver too! I'm on apmex and their chart shows plat and palladium also up.

I bet the physical supply of silver will still be scarce for a while. >>

Even more scarce with this small boost and I'm betting it will be for quite a while yet, well into next year at the least.

Possibly much longer. Investment silver is a very small part of a shrinking commodity.
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Well, it's not like we ever lost faith. Metal and cash...all good.
  • Options
    What started as a nice bump, turned to a record!

Largest dollar one day jump ever for gold
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    still think it was over priced at 1000 while you were claiming 1200... just basically

Find me the threads where I personally predicted $1200 this year. Certainly I will put forth the thoughts of writers who have far more experience than my self. Some of them were claiming $1200...others calling for a correction....others inbetween. I take the best thoughts of the bulls and bears and make a choice. Never proclaimed myself a guru or a leader. This site is a source of information for everyone to critique and then make a decision. This current move up took me by surprise, and probably most everyone else except Goldman and JPM. So to wait for gold strength to stabilize for days in the $790-$810 didn't happen....yet. The gold bull has found a way to keep people off it's back even when going up. Since you don't apparently read anyone else's work while some of us have to, therefore whatever you post must be original analysis. I'm just a "parrot" who's been here for 4-1/2 years following what appears to be a long term trend. There are worse things to be. I don't mind reading other people's works...actually enjoy it. If I hadn't read anyone else I'd still know nothing more than I did in Sept 2002 when I bought my first $20 Libs/Saints in many years. Very few people on the forum actually go out and read anything pro-gold. I don't mind making it easier for them to find it. Whether they read it or just drink Wall Street kool-aid is up to them.

On the other hand, i sold what I had and am able to buy it back cheaper then i sold.

When are you buying back in....and at what levels? What's next for gold...up....down....consolidate from here? Fresh, original analysis is always desired. We can't get enough of it.

roadrunner

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

<< <i> still think it was over priced at 1000 while you were claiming 1200... just basically

Find me the threads where I personally predicted $1200 this year. Certainly I will put forth the thoughts of writers who have far more experience than my self. Some of them were claiming $1200...others calling for a correction....others inbetween. I take the best thoughts of the bulls and bears and make a choice. Never proclaimed myself a guru or a leader. This site is a source of information for everyone to critique and then make a decision. This current move up took me by surprise, and probably most everyone else except Goldman and JPM. So to wait for gold strength to stabilize for days in the $790-$810 didn't happen....yet. The gold bull has found a way to keep people off it's back even when going up.

When are you buying back in....and at what levels?

roadrunner >>

i am going about PMs in a different way. I have noticed the only
    people making sure money every day of the week with PMs are
    the middlemen. What do they care of the price of gold or silver if
    the premiums are high enough to make some money off the metals?

I joked with my possible buyer a few days ago knowing my luck
    that before we make the deal silver will spike. After I wrote that to
    him i had a thought... what do i care if it spikes? My potential buyers
    will just be in a frenzy and want to pay more for it. Either way I win
    if it goes up and up while I am selling. Of course I cannot buy as much
    due to my limitation on funds to play with but the opportunity to
    flip the metal right now is perfect.

Buy 200 ounces, flip, make a few hundred dollars. Repeat as often
    as you can. As long as people are willing to pay 3 dollar premiums per oz
    on silver I smell an opportunity and really do not care about the
    metal price. Even if silver goes down a few dollars while I am holding
    I can still break even.

All of this assumes a steady supply of silver which is the challenge
    I am investigating right now.
  • Options

<< <i>All of this assumes a steady supply of silver which is the challenge
    I am investigating right now. >>

You don't really have to worry about that.

Not with the amounts you are looking for.

I see several hundred ounces a week in various forms. image