Home Metal Detecting
Options

Got my first Barber and more tonight! *UPDATE 9/3 *- Found another Barber! and more! *UPDATE*

Had just about 1 hour of good daylight and maybe a half hour of so-so light tonight as I was headed home and past one of my favorite old spots, a campground that apparently had quite a bit of use even in the past. I've hauled alot of old coins and stuff out of it over the last three years and just when I think there's nothing left- a night like tonight happens:

This was my first outing with my new Garrett Ace 250 at the park, and like before I was able to find coins in the same spot where I had hunted with my old Garrett. First coin of the night was the 1932 Canadian, then a surprise on the second- a 1936 Buffalo, think this is my fourth one of those (I've dug at least 2 in this park). Had a run of zincolns going then dug the 1918 wheatie, by this time it was just about to dark to even see the output screen and I started back to my car when I got a strong signal and squinted to see it was reading in the dime/quarter or so range. The coin came out partially encrusted and I could see it looked like silver- perhaps a silver Roosevelt dime from what I could see- not a bad ending to the night, my first silver coin with the ACE and a buffalo nickel all in hunting just one small area around two campsites alongside the river. When I got back to my car and had a chance to rub off the dirt under the dome light I was surprised to see Miss Barber in my hand and not a Rosie- I had just been hoping for a silver dime and now got my first Barber coin which means its also my oldest silver coin to date! Just thought I would share (and yes I will be spending more time there again- just next time getting better bug spray as well) HH

Comments