Home Precious Metals

Tuesdays report -whats happening were you guys are at?

mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, anything find some silver today or ?

No silver at all! Got a American Silver Eagle for 15 but thats it.

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.

Comments

• I bought $50 face of junk silver on the BST board for spot (10X). better than what i would find by me.
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    mrmojorisin, sounds like you were happy with your purchase! As long as your happy with what you bought, I would say thats really good!

I wonder with the price of silver being lower now, maybe there will be far fewer people wanting to sell making it even harder to find silver.

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.

• << <i>Hey guys, anything find some silver today or ?

No silver at all! Got a American Silver Eagle for 15 but thats it. >>

Found two 100 oz bars locally.....but fellow wants a little too much for them....although still probably not a bad deal....so I was still considering it......until...

I just spent the money on something else!imageimage

It really SUCKS when you don't have enough to swing all the good deals.....months and months can go by and NO deals....then...all of a sudden...good deals out of the woodwork....

RAH
  • GTOsterGTOster Posts: 860 ✭✭✭
    My Bank teller called today and said she had a roll of them big dollars for me
    Picked them up and found two Morgans the rest where Ikes
    I like Morgans at face
    Paul
  • mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "months and months can go by and NO deals....then...all of a sudden...good deals out of the woodwork.."

Yeah, write that in stone.

"I like Morgans at face"

Yeah, baby!
    gtoster, wow very cool! I wish I could get morgans at face!!!

• konsolekonsole Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    I stopped at a coin shop this morning and the owner didnt have much bullion on display. Couple 1 oz. silver bars and a handful of rounds. He did have a filing cabinet drawer full of 10 oz. Wall Street Mint bars and a little while talking with him and interest in other brands help him get out his stash of 10 oz. engelhards. So I left with (4) 10 oz. bars at $160 each. Little more then I would have liked to pay but its cool with me.
    Hey guys for today (thurs), I saw many small 1 ounce bars and 2 10 ounce bars. 14 dollars an ounce. I brought a few 90% quarters in and a little bit of cash and got a ten oz bar for 140 bucks!

• << <i>Hey guys for today (thurs), I saw many small 1 ounce bars and 2 10 ounce bars. 14 dollars an ounce. I brought a few 90% quarters in and a little bit of cash and got a ten oz bar for 140 bucks! >>

I think you did ok for the 10 ouncer.....just put it away....sit on it.....forget about it.....you will do ok....in the long haul.

still cannot find 10oz here......still have the two 100 oz bars in the back of my head...but need to come up with funds.........spent out earlier this week.....but may have to resort to plan B to swing the 2 hunks of silver.....

RAH
    Hey Rah, 140 for a 10 ounce bar is ok. A little bit over a buck over spot is not bad. I will just hang onto it.

It has to be frustrating with those 100 ouncers because they are nice but you have to have a good bit of money at the moment to buy. Thats why I like the 10 ozs. I don't have 1400 at the moment, but if I did have 140 so I got myself a 10 ouncer.

Whats plan B for you?

Mike

• << <i>Whats plan B for you? >>

Stealing from Peter to pay Paul!! image

Seriously.....just considering several other funding sources to pick up the two 100 oz bars....

Your 10 oz at 140 is just fine...and compared to what crazy people are paying on ebay...($180-$200 per 10 oz) you got a super deal....sit on it......you will be happy you did in the future...(IMHO)

RAH
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other shop across town got in 3 10oz bars yesterday, he (that dealer) paid 90 bucks each and has them marked at 189.00. The guy who sold them to him called me today checking on my price and I told him how stupid he was for not checking other places(like my self) before selling. I would have paid 125.00 each and still made a profit!! He said he has one more, which i hope he brings in tomorrow.

rah, I plan on holding on to it. I did have to sell a lot of 90% silver coins I have had for a while to get these 10 ozers but I am happy.

Too bad you are not closer! Seems like the stores in my area has been getting 10 ozs in the last month. I can't pick them all up, too bad you couldn't get them!

• << <i>The other shop across town got in 3 10oz bars yesterday, he (that dealer) paid 90 bucks each and has them marked at 189.00. The guy who sold them to him called me today checking on my price and I told him how stupid he was for not checking other places(like my self) before selling. I would have paid 125.00 each and still made a profit!! He said he has one more, which i hope he brings in tomorrow. >>

Sorry...I try not to bash anyone....buyers, sellers, collectors, dealers.....whatever....but can't bite my tongue here.....

offering and paying just 90 bucks for a 10 ouncer is not fair (read robbery IMHO)......and yes...the seller (owner of the 3 bars) should have done his homework......what a shame....

RAH
    oh wow!!! 90 for a 10 ouncer....that stores pays low! The store here pays 11-12 an ounce so he isn't ripping anyone off and sells for 14 an oz. What that store did is like what Rah said: robbery.

Perhaps that guy will not sell anymore to the store that gave him 90 for the 10 oz bars. Thats pretty ridiculous!

• ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not buy 100oz bars from APMex.com for $1/oz over spot?
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why not buy 100oz bars from APMex.com for $1/oz over spot? >>

We have those same 100 oz. silver bars that APMEX is taking orders on live in the store. Come on by if you want to take a look at them.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
    Tons of small bars and rounds today! 13.30 an oz. Two JM 10 oz bars came in! No money again, 133 each. Poor me!