Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1943 Copper Cent on the Bay now! Seller added pics!

2»

Comments

• Options
    VTCoinsVTCoins Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭
    He swiped the pics from here:

click here
    Tim Puro
    Puro's Coins and Jewelry
    Rutland, VT

(802)773-3883

Link to my website www.vtcoins.com

Link to my eBay auctions

Buy, sell and trade all coins, US paper money, jewelry, diamonds and anything made of gold, silver or platinum.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks GrumyEd...
    ... some people got orbs
    The seller is putting in some serious effort to woo the ignorant out of their money.
  • Options
    gotta love a thief...

getem dawgs.....
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks GrumyEd...
    ... some people got orbs
    The seller is putting in some serious effort to woo the ignorant out of their money. >>

Anyone taking this scam artist to task?????? image

First he couldn't get any pics, then voila......nice woodgrain pics!!!!

BTW, I just sent the CoinFacts pics to eBay fraud service!!!!
  • Options
    I had a feeling those pics were above his skill level. If he was that good with a camera, he would have had pics up in the first place.
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options
    eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭
    Get a rope!!.... Lets ride!
  • Options

You ladies crack me up

• Options

TTT for the great photos added to this auction!
  • Options
    Ive asked multiple, honest questions to the seller, and not a single reply. This guy is a crook and needs to be nuked. Its a shame an auction like this can go on so long.

I hope the stolen pics he took are copyright protected and maybe, just maybe someone goes after him..... A couple harsh sentences for ebay scammers might help this problem.

Looking for Au Classic Commems...
    Also looking for VF-EF Seated halves.

Sell me your old auction catalogs...image
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
    eBay should just outlaw 1943 copper cents and 1804 dollars except if you have feedback of 500 or so. And no private listings, sheesh.
  • Options
    image Auction is still up!!!
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    hopefully tha feds bid it over grand theft for his troubles and deliver their funds in personimage

kinda skerry with tha chinese not putting replica or copy if one requests it...

ya think some may ask to have their chinese 43's be made out of copper?
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    Here's a copy of what I just finished reporting to ebay... I doubt it will do any good, but I FEEL BETTER! image

Listing Violations > Fraudulent listings (illegal seller demands, you didn't receive item, etc) > You suspect that a listing is fraudulent you didn't bid

Item Numbers(s):

Message: I can't believe you folks at ebay haven't shut this guy down yet! I've had auctions closed because of stupid reasons like key word spamming, or listing a coin grade in the title of my auction, and you're letting this kind of thief continue? These photos were stolen from coinfacts.com. This coin is so rare that only several exist, the seller won't answer the questions I submitted, WAY TOO MANY RED FLAGS!
    You folks at ebay really need to re-think everything you're doing! Changing the feedback system preventing sellers from leaving negative feedback, hiding user IDs on bidders so they can't be warned of stuff like THIS, raising your already rediculous fees, and next month you're no longer allowing checks or money orders as a form of payment??? You're flushing yourselves right down the toilet... I can plainly see that reporting things like this does absolutely no good so I'm through wasting my time trying to keep scammers like this from succeding. Shame on you, ebay!
    As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do. ~Zachary Scott <>
    Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is? ~Frank Scully
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When asked if it was real copper, the seller answers with :

I can assure you this is copper. I have tried sticking it to a magnet-it does NOT stick. This is not steel.

Try picking up a turd with a magnet .... go ahead !
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's a copy of what I just finished reporting to ebay... I doubt it will do any good, but I FEEL BETTER! image

Listing Violations > Fraudulent listings (illegal seller demands, you didn't receive item, etc) > You suspect that a listing is fraudulent you didn't bid

Item Numbers(s):

Message: I can't believe you folks at ebay haven't shut this guy down yet! I've had auctions closed because of stupid reasons like key word spamming, or listing a coin grade in the title of my auction, and you're letting this kind of thief continue? These photos were stolen from coinfacts.com. This coin is so rare that only several exist, the seller won't answer the questions I submitted, WAY TOO MANY RED FLAGS!
    You folks at ebay really need to re-think everything you're doing! Changing the feedback system preventing sellers from leaving negative feedback, hiding user IDs on bidders so they can't be warned of stuff like THIS, raising your already rediculous fees, and next month you're no longer allowing checks or money orders as a form of payment??? You're flushing yourselves right down the toilet... I can plainly see that reporting things like this does absolutely no good so I'm through wasting my time trying to keep scammers like this from succeding. Shame on you, ebay! >>

Geez! This is one way to get eBay to respond. Call them idiots!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When asked if it was real copper, the seller answers with :

I can assure you this is copper. I have tried sticking it to a magnet-it does NOT stick. This is not steel.

Try picking up a turd with a magnet .... go ahead ! >>

" I can assure you this is copper. I have tried sticking it to a magnet-it does NOT stick. This is not steel. "

Now that's a "Letter of Authenticity" LOL
  • Options

<< <i>Try picking up a turd with a magnet .... go ahead ! >>

Well ain't that a knee slapper ... You're right! image

<< <i>Geez! This is one way to get eBay to respond. Call them idiots! >>

Hey ... if the shoe fits ...

Now I'm waiting to see if they close MY auctions...
    As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do. ~Zachary Scott <>
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Original picture was stolen from Heritage auction reference...

HA link
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW !!! $1000 bid already... Geeezzzzz.....
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    If the pics are from Heritage can't someone there file with E-Bay to get the auctions pulled?
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options

<< <i>If the pics are from Heritage can't someone there file with E-Bay to get the auctions pulled? >>

I would hope so.

I sent eBay the link!!!!!!

I see the auction is still live!!!! image
  • Options
    I just let Heritage know, and also sent them the ebay link.

Time will tell...
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If the pics are from Heritage can't someone there file with E-Bay to get the auctions pulled? >>

Only the owner of the pics can get it pulled. Sounds like Heritage has been notified.
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    From Coinfacts but the same pics might be from HA.

It's from Coinfacts
    Ed
  • Options
    aus3000tinaus3000tin Posts: 369 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the coin is gone.
    Yay.
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like the coin is gone.
    Yay. >>

POOF!!!

Thanks everyone for their stealth efforts!!!!

This forum will clean up eBay coin sheisters everytime!!!! image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately ... eBay did not NARU the Seller...image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file