Home U.S. Coin Forum

How often do you win a coin for .44 cents more???

I don't snipe very often but felt it was necessary for a neat old Carson City coin like this. Apparently I'm not the only one who felt this way. I usually lose out on close sniping at the end but I got lucky on this one for .44 cents more. I really prefer coins like this in this sort of condition because I just think it adds to the history and the romance of the coin.image

Oh, the stories this coin could tell...
image...There's always time for coin collecting. image

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sniping is the greatest way to go... lends some real excitement to the acquisition... I like to snipe with 3 seconds to spare... gets it every time... RickO
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cancelled a scheduled snipe on a medal that ended today. If I had let it ride, I would have won the lot by 16 cents.image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    I cancelled a scheduled snipe on a medal that ended today. If I had let it ride, I would have won the lot by 16 cents

Hate it when that happens! imageimage

regards, John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • I once got outbid on a coin by 1 cent. Also, I once won a coin auction by 6 seconds. That is, we bid the exact same amount but my bid was with 10 seconds to go, their's with 4. Pays to bid early!image
    A lie told often enough becomes the truth. ~Vladimir Lenin
  • pretty close call. I love sniping....gets the blood pressure going and I feel alive. On the other end I love it when selling when all of a sudden I get my realized price for the item.
    "One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making new discoveries" -A.A. Milne
  • YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220
    Why not .45 or .46 cents. YOu guys. I would love for you to play the horses that way and see how you luck would be then. Beauty of a coin.
  • I love setting up for the snipe and lettin' it ride. Got this one for 12 cents over the second highest bid. It is nothing special, think'n bout changing my ebay handle to M1 Garandimage

• << <i>Why not .45 or .46 cents. YOu guys. I would love for you to play the horses that way and see how you luck would be then. Beauty of a coin. >>

I like the ponies!!
  • i used to "manual" snipe but just once of getting the dreaded PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED was enough to convince me to rely on a sniper service. and ahhhhh the freedom it brings ! no longer do i have to sneak away at family functions to find a computer. i just lock and load. and never bid more than im willing to overpay a serious bonus is the ability to change a snipe any BLEEPing time you want, up or down, without worry. i dont believe ive ever won by 44c but i have won several for much less than my snipe.
  • I have always done the manuel snipe. If I can't be home when the item goes off I did not need it anyways. One way to keep my buying down.
    "One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making new discoveries" -A.A. Milne

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file