Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Copper quarter missing the clad layer

Make an offer on it or I may trade for paper money it depends on what it is. I have a pic I can put up later on if you want to veiw it I have a pic on the coin forum. If someone could help with a link that would be really nice. If you search copper quarter you can veiw it. Thanks and good luck.
Tom
image I keep a census on Hawaii Error notes, Radars, Repeaters, Hawaii Stars (all denominations), Low serials, 6 of a kind, 7 of a kind, Canceled notes, AC blocks, ZB blocks, FC blocks, Uncut sheets and Late plates. If you have any information you would like to share please PM me. Thanks.image

Comments

• This is the photo if i remember the correct thread.
  • yes Thank you
    image I keep a census on Hawaii Error notes, Radars, Repeaters, Hawaii Stars (all denominations), Low serials, 6 of a kind, 7 of a kind, Canceled notes, AC blocks, ZB blocks, FC blocks, Uncut sheets and Late plates. If you have any information you would like to share please PM me. Thanks.image
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Make an offer on it or I may trade for paper money it depends on what it is. >>

I'm not very well-versed on the value of the currency I have here (though I know it is not very valuable), but I'm not very well-versed on the value of errors like this, either.

Here is what I have in currency.

First, there are (8) Series 1976 $2 bills. These are Uncirculated but each was made into a sort of first-day cover by someone who affixed a postage stamp directly to the bill, and then had it postmarked on the first day of issue (for the stamp, presumably). I don't know what you call these. Anyway, there is $16 face value right there. Maybe the first-day stamp cancellations bring a tiny premium and maybe not. (Edit to add: the postmarks are all 1976 and the stamps are various 13c types).

Secondly, there is (1) Series 1957-B $1 silver certificate, which is a star note. Serial # is *28479472 B. It is in pretty decent shape but not uncirculated; I would guess it is EF or so, though I have little experience in grading currency. So that brings me to $17 face value plus whatever (tiny) premium my notes are worth. That might not be an even enough trade for your quarter, I realize. Let me know how much additional would be required, or perhaps you might see an inexpensive Roman coin off my BST list that you like that would even out the deal.

Edit to add: I also just found some Iraqi Saddam currency.

(1) 5-dinars, pink
    (1) 25-dinars, green
    (1) 100-dinars, light blue
    (2) 250-dinars, purplish (one is large size and one small)

All CU or darned close enough.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • sorry I forgot to say pm me with offers but I will let this go for a couple of days to see what happens.
  • docgdocg Posts: 528 ✭✭
    I have several silver certificates and older $2 bills.

Barry
  • I'll bid $400 to start it off.

Cameron Kiefer

• << <i>I'll bid $400 to start it off.

Cameron Kiefer >>

imageimageimage
    -Ben T. * Collector of Errors! * Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • I will entertain all offers untill monday at 6pm est. I've had a lot of responces already today and thats why I've decided to put an end time on it. Thanks and good luck.

• << <i>

<< <i>I'll bid $400 to start it off.

Cameron Kiefer >>

imageimageimage >>

Whats wrong?

Cameron Kiefer
  • Ends Monday