APMEX Labor day special

Labor day special... 2008 Canadian Maples 1.99 over spot.....image

.9999 pure silver

labor day special

100 ouncers for .99 cents over spot also.....image

Comments

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that deal for the Maple's, cheaper than the ASE's, and there in stock.

Bullion is bullion, plus I don't own a single Maple.

Scott
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I saw that deal for the Maple's, cheaper than the ASE's, and there in stock.

Bullion is bullion, plus I don't own a single Maple.

Scott >>

Bullion is bullion until it comes time to sell. Then the premium you get or lose in relationship to spot will depend on what you are selling.

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second that, I have gotten a few customers to shy away from K-rands becuase when PM's are volitle and heading down and they need to sell quickly they are much harder to move then AE or Maples
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KR's are always movable at an appropriate price.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>KR's are always movable at an appropriate price. >>

Yes, everything (made of PM) Is movable, but what we are talking about here is retention or loss of premium.

Besides coins, in the case of bars, an Englehard will always bring more than an "off brand" or "no name", the latter of which would require assay.

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options
    They are $5 Canadian compared to the $1 ASE. image
    Why do you have to 'put your two cents in'... but it's only a 'penny for your thoughts'? Where's that extra penny going to?
  • Options

<< <i>They are $5 Canadian compared to the $1 ASE. image >>

What's stamped on it doesn't matter.

Maples have fallen in preceived value, be it silver or gold.

They don't have any sort of premium anymore.

The gold Maples used to, but times have changed.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff