Home Metal Detecting
Options

1st Post

coffeycecoffeyce Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
This is my first post on here. I do alot on world coins and a few on U.S. Coins.

I have been a closet detector for many years. I am currently stationed in Alabama.

I usually search parks and such. mainly find dimes and pennies.

I would figure in Alabama i would have some nice civil war areas but never took the time to look.

Anyone ever checked alabama and have any ideas.

Chris and my garret ace 100.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum.... you may want to register at www.metaldetectingforum.com .... a wider range of detectors there and great people.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    StupidStupid Posts: 558 ✭✭✭
    Never posted here either, but I do lurk! I live in north Alabama (Roll Tide!). Used to detect a lot-don't seem to have the time to anymore. Lots of Civil War stuff to be found here. Just find a railroad track and in the woods nearby there are usually plenty of targets. Good luck!
  • Options
    Nice to see fellow Alabamians here.
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Hi, I do not live in Alabama but my family is from there and my cousin represented a client of his from California whom tried to collect relics, in and around Selma....It was a big case, high profile case as the client was a movie maker out of California. I will have to ask him how it turned out, but I do know his client was put in jail and find hundreds of thousands of dollars for removing artifacts from a river bed!!!!!
  • Options
    StupidStupid Posts: 558 ✭✭✭
    I knew a couple of guys who got into some serious trouble taking Indian artifacts from the Tennessee River close to here. I think their methods got them busted more than anything else--Using shovels and screens in the water. Arrested and took to jail. Never knew the end of the story.