Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Newp: Henning Nickel

Going to shadowbox it with a copy of The Counterfeit 1944 Jefferson Nickel. Should make for a nice display.

I'm a happy man. image
imageRIP

Comments

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    sweet lil piece of interesting history there...i like that shadow box with a copy of the book...something to look at and get a quick smile over if ever you need one

looks like it survived its journey in life fine too
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    here's mine:

notice this does not have the usual "loop in R of PLURIBUS" diagnostic......it does however have a planchet flaw across the letters.....does anyone else's Henning match this?
    curious

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are really nifty....coins. I've always thought it would be fun to own one so viewing both your pictures is quite a treat.
    Mark

• Options
    Cool coins posted. I had to look up "Henning Nickel" to know why they were special. I had never heard of them before. I thought you had lost your mind spending money on an obviously well-circulated coin. They're not impressive until you know their history. Pretty neat piece of history,

Jonathan
    I have been a collector for over mumbly-five years. I learn something new every day.
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Always thought of owning one, but too lazy to buy one...maybe one day, one will show up in a roll of nickels.
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    very nice! i would be happy with a war nickel alone let alone a henning.
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    Very nice find, Greg.

Maybe StopMotion will have some information about the planchet. Not something I've seen before.
    imageRIP
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice find... and interesting idea about the display.. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    Since this thread's creation I have picked up the coin savoyspecial posted and both coins are now framed with their two legit counterparts along with a copy of the booklet.

It looks good on the wall. My wife did a good job with it.
    imageRIP
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

Going to shadowbox it with a copy of The Counterfeit 1944 Jefferson Nickel. Should make for a nice display.

I'm a happy man. image >>

It's hard to tell from the picture but this one looks AU-.

These just don't come nice.
    Tempus fugit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file