Home Metal Detecting
Options

Guess I am not over the hill after all....

I announced 2-3 months ago that I was giving up metal detecting and would not be posting here any longer either because I am 74 years old and didn't have the desire to detect any longer. Several of you suggested that I reconsider. I have done just that. This past Sunday was a lazy sort of day in Colorado, and I had nothing much to do, soooooo, I picked up the old machine and hit a park near home. I didn't make any fantastic finds but, it felt good to be out again. Here is what I found....
(8) clad quarters...
(10) clad dimes.....
(4) nickels.............
(17) Zincolns........
(1) 1919-D Lincoln cent
(1) New Zealand dollar. What is a New Zealand Dollar doing in a park in Colorado?

I want to thank all of you who suggested that I keep plugging along. All your comments encouraged to go back out again. I guess I knew down deep that I would go back out as I have never been a quitter. Thanks again...Ken the MDH

Comments

• Options
    Nice finds ;-)
    Some of my best times out are when I just up and go. See what I can find.

Good to see you post :-)

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see you posting and detecting... welcome back... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    I am glad you decided to keep going....Even on days you may not find anything, you are still outside, breathing the fresh air and enjoying nature...Hard to bet that combo...and then on days you do find something what a great reward. BTW..I really like that 1919-D Lincoln..we seldom find coins with mint marks here, so I really appreciate them.