Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Guess the grades- results in

I'm sending in these cards with the 5 day special. Two of them have been previously been slabbed and I thought it was worth a try for a bump. The winner will receive my undying respect until the day I die. (Sorry for the blurriness on the 2nd scan):

Comments

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

and 5 for the Gretzkey
  • Options
    Jordan 1 - PSA 8
    Jordan 2 - PSA 7.5
    Gretzky - PSA 5.5

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Jordan 1 - PSA 7
    Jordan 2 - PSA 7
    Gretzky - PSA 5
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    FAKE
    FAKE
    FAKE

$48,000
  • Options
    5- Gretzky
    7.5 Jordan
    8- Jordan
  • Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    recoloring, trimmed and stabbed
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8.5 Jordan 1
    8 Jordan 2
    5.5 Gretzky
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    The Gretzky is OPC if anybody was wondering.
  • Options
    fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>The Gretzky is OPC if anybody was wondering. >>

Nobody was....
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Allen- I will accept your offer of $48,000. Payment must be received within 7 days or I will come for you and get it myself.
  • Options

<< <i>Allen- I will accept your offer of $48,000. Payment must be received within 7 days or I will come for you and get it myself. >>

Can you stop and pickup my Ted Williams pack on your way?
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭

good luck!
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    8, 7.5, 5
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry this happened to you.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    7 7 6

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8, 7.5 and 6.5 for the OPC.

I have a Jordan 7 and both of your are far nicer than mine. They have to grade higher.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭

blast-off
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

nice cards.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Michael who?

Wayne who?

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    The Jordan on the left used to be a PSA 8 and the Gretzky used to be a PSA 6. I'm pretty sure they were graded accurately but I'm bored so I figured why not go for a bump just for fun. I think the other Jordan should come back an 8 as well. We'll see what happens.

For those that said 8, 8 and 6 (cwazzy, Bosox, ldferg), I agree with you.
  • Options

<< <i>..........For those that said 8, 8 and 6 (cwazzy, Bosox, ldferg), I agree with you. >>

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Yup.
  • Options
    1 1 14012902 N5: ALTERED STOCK 1986 FLEER 57 MICHAEL JORDAN Card US
    2 1 14012903 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 1986 FLEER 57 MICHAEL JORDAN Card US
    3 1 14012904 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1979 O-PEE-CHEE 18 WAYNE GRETZKY Card US

Crap. I assume it's the first Jordan that was rejected because it has been rejected twice before (once for altered stock and once for trimmed). I keep submitting it because I really don't think it's been altered. It's cut a little short, but it measures up against the 8.5 (used to be an 8) perfectly because that one's a little short too. I could understand them saying it's trimmed, but I really don't understand the Altered Stock at all. I'm a little pleased that the 8 got bumped to an 8.5, but I really want to get the other one in a slab to sell it.

Lee
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    G
    A
    I

Just a thought................................................................
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    The top and right edge on the first Jordan sure look questionable. Of course a scan is hard to be 100% sure, but those 2 areas are the first things I noticed when I viewed it. I agree with PSA on that one. The other 2 look to be accurately graded.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm leaning that way. Or BGS. or I could spend another $150 trying to get it into a PSA holder- that's always fun.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭

suck it

j
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    BGS will kick that Jordan right out. It's too obvious, even from the scan. The top has been trimmed, and I'm not so sure if that right edge has not had a slight shave/clean up too. GAI? Well...... they are probably your best shot at getting it holdered, unless you like GEM. image
  • Options
    I currently have $42 in my Paypal account. I will gladly send it your way for the Jordan that you apperantly did not trim properly. PM me your PP address.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Lee this sounds like a challenge. I would send it to BGS first and then GAI. I am giving it 80% chance of BGS slabbing it but 7.0
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got in a skinny-looking BVG Berra - as BGS seems to command good $ on MJ cards and also seems to have a differing fault tolerance I'd have to send it there. They'll probably give you a bump on one of the other two that would make it worth your while anyway.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Sorry this happened to you.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Are you happy with the Gretzky?
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    When do I get my prize for winning this contest? It should have been here by now.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    The 6 looks like a generous grade for the Gretzky.....
  • Options
    The gretzky is a 6 all day long. I bought it as a 6 with the intention of cracking it and leaving it in my collection. I figured on the small chance it gets a bump I would sell it so I gave it a shot. I'm not sure how anybody could think it's overgraded as a 6. Aside from standard PSA 6 corner-wear, the card is centered decently and has no other noticeable flaws. Here's a 5 for reference:

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>The gretzky is a 6 all day long. I bought it as a 6 with the intention of cracking it and leaving it in my collection. I figured on the small chance it gets a bump I would sell it so I gave it a shot. I'm not sure how anybody could think it's overgraded as a 6. Aside from standard PSA 6 corner-wear, the card is centered decently and has no other noticeable flaws. Here's a 5 for reference:

image >>

I'd just keep resubbing all of these cards until the Gretzky gets a 7 (it will eventually) and both Jordans end up as 9's (they will eventually).