Home Precious Metals
Options

How about a lil silver round.................

or maybe a huge one................................

I don't have the heart to remove the plastic.

Plus I got it on consignment.

Comments

• Options
    TomohawkTomohawk Posts: 667 ✭✭
    Wow! That's a nice piece! I wouldn't mind a few dozen of those anchoring my bullion stash (whew! Didn't say coin stash!).
    ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • Options
    that is damn cool... now it just needs a little color!

-sm
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget that there are 12 Troy ounces in a Troy pound and not 16 which is a mistake some people make when computing the value of these large rounds.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't forget that there are 12 Troy ounces in a Troy pound and not 16 which is a mistake some people make when computing the value of these large rounds. >>

Very good, I would not have known that.

I notice that the troy pounds of silver are going for more than silver value alone. It seems that many folks are calculating on 16 ounces instead of 12 I assume.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It seems that many folks are calculating on 16 ounces instead of 12 I assume. >>

Unfortunately, many companies that market these one pound rounds are counting on this. Sad but true.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    it looks like a certain precious metals exchange is quoting similar rounds as being 16 ADVP ounces (14.61 ozt).

how many "wrong" ways can silver be marketed?!!!
  • Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    Found this on ebay trying to protect their bidders......................

This is a warning for novice or casual bullion buyers. Several EBAY bullion dealers advertise one troy pound of silver, usually as rounds or one oz bars. There is usually no other description of the weigh. One Oz avoirdupois= 28 Gm. 16 Oz avoirdpois=1 lb or 448 Gm. One troy oz =31.1 GM , ONE TROY POUND = 12 TROY OZ or 373.2 gm NOT 16 Oz!! This is a difference of 2.4 troy oz. I got scammed by this once, 3 years ago, but still see this deceptive description on EBAY. there are honest dealers that offer pounds of silver and they always include the statement one troy pound = 12 troy oz. Beware any dealer that only uses the term one troy pound, they are attempting to take advantage of the new or novice buyer, and are dishonest in general, and I would advise you to avoid any dealings with them. The few dealers I have asked about this practice stated that they were not at fault if buyers are too stupid to know the difference, and one went as far as to admit he was dishonest and then went on to threaten me and and send a series of harassing e-mails. None of the dealers offering troy pounds of bullion ever claimed it was an error or over site, and none of them changed the wording in their subsequent auctions. Hope this helps someone avoid my mistake
  • Options
    sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    holeinone1972

That piece is to cool for words. Where can I find one.
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    very beautiful coin!! Were can I find that troy pound coin?
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    That is the same design that is on the 1 ounce Texas gold coins that were issued back in 1986 as well.

I don't have one of those, but I do have a few of the gold coins.

Very nice design.

I've never seen one of those before.

The gold coins are .999 one troy ounce, so I should think that is also a troy pound.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    It's cool when you find bullion that you can display instead of just hoarding.
    WORK HARDER! Thousands of corporations on welfare are depending on you!