Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone ever hear of IGSGRADING?

I just came across this grading company and never heard of it. I am not a veteran when it comes to grading or grading companies, so I figured I would ask here. Any info on this TPG? Thank you in advance!
Chaz

Proud recipient of Y.S. Award on 07/26/08.

Comments

• Options
    I'd stay away from upcoming grading companies until they are established or you may end up having to get everything regraded.
    -Rome is Burning

• Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    if they are the blue and white label slab i'm thinking of, they are headquartered somewhere in tennessee and seem to slab more baseball cards than coins

i will withhold opinion as to not find myself in litigation (but that right there should tip you off to what that opinion might be)

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options

<< <i>if they are the blue and white label slab i'm thinking of, they are headquartered somewhere in tennessee and seem to slab more baseball cards than coins

i will withhold opinion as to not find myself in litigation (but that right there should tip you off to what that opinion might be) >>

Yeah they are the blue and white ones. They look like something I can put together in my basement (if I had one). Just dont look quite right. Thats why I asked here. Thanks for the info!
    Chaz

Proud recipient of Y.S. Award on 07/26/08.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    so this is a newer grading service?

imageimage
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Pretend it does not exist. You'll be better off.
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    PR66 = Polished, Really!image
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treat coins in third world holders as if they were raw coins and you'll be better off.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I particularly like the statement on the reverse of the slab: " Because of subjectivity in grading and other variables, such as storing, mishandling, tampering, etc., IGS will not be held accountable."

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep looking elsewhere.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    There is another slabber initialed IGS - International Grading Service. Established in 2005, formerly known as PGS, do believe.
    www.CoinMine.com
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IGS has been around for quite a few years. I have seen their slabs at shows before. I believe I once queried their legitimacy here on this forum. They are not regarded as a first tier service (top three) or even close to that level. This does not mean you should not look at the coins. Buy the coin, not the holder. Pay no attention to the label. If you cannot grade coins, then either buy it because you like it (and have no regrets) or decline. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By what grading standards are people trading with these days? Once you figure that one out, you'll know if the coins in their holders are worth buying.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>so this is a newer grading service?

imageimage >>

I cherried a condition-census 1921-D VAM-1'O' Morgan in one of those holders. It was graded IGS MS-63, and came back MS-62 from ANACS...
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file