Home Precious Metals

You have to wonder.....

How many dumb-a$$ folks out there (95%) would rather have paper money thec actual Gold or Silver?

The 5% who understand Fiat money could soon be awashed in supply of metal dumped by the non-believers who just have gold and silver because it was a "trendy" investment, totally ignorant of the reality of the situation.

Comments

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I'm sort of glad I've kept some cash aside since early this year as "emergency" money. I've been tempted to buy coins or metals many times this year but held back. Now with silver and gold down markedly, it's like making 20-30% interest on that cash once I put it to use.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Me too, RR.

Something's up, but I admit I have not figured it out yet....is this like the last time Gold crashed?

The last time, Volker and the FED choked off funds with high interest rates, but there was not that much cash in the system to begin with.

The pain was only for a few years.

This time, the FED is lowering rates & pumping in more cash than ever! The Regional Banks are puckering up and writing down so they are shrinking the Fractional Reserve used for lending. Yet, if they don't lend, they die. The pain is just beginning!

I know a Great Confiscation is now just underway.

I would just prefer to be on the same side as the confiscators, holding paid for assets and looking for opportunities.

• << <i>Actually, I'm sort of glad I've kept some cash aside since early this year as "emergency" money. I've been tempted to buy coins or metals many times this year but held back. Now with silver and gold down markedly, it's like making 20-30% interest on that cash once I put it to use.

roadrunner >>

image It's a good thing I kept cash onhand. My boy hit me with a nice little invoice from his college this past week.

I bought mainly in the 12 to 15 dollar range. It would have sucked to have to sell some for a lose to cover the invoice.

I never put all my eggs in one basket. But I can understand your thinking coinboy. My wife would rather see a bank statement
    than a pile of silver...image
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Me too, RR.

Something's up, but I admit I have not figured it out yet....is this like the last time Gold crashed?

The last time, Volker and the FED choked off funds with high interest rates, but there was not that much cash in the system to begin with.

The pain was only for a few years.

This time, the FED is lowering rates & pumping in more cash than ever! The Regional Banks are puckering up and writing down so they are shrinking the Fractional Reserve used for lending. Yet, if they don't lend, they die. The pain is just beginning!

I know a Great Confiscation is now just underway.

I would just prefer to be on the same side as the confiscators, holding paid for assets and looking for opportunities. >>

that was 28 years ago, China had bicycles, Europe had no Euro, Russia was still USSR, E/W Germany, Oil was $30+ or minus, information to the masses was not blink-blink fast like today take than into context, too. i can't make heads or tails right now (big smash down of PM despite) other than it seems to be a cycle or maturing (or both) of fiat monetary system.

what other opportunities do you see besides PM (and another live.com offer?)image
  • That's how I am buying gold now, just using 15%-25% discount. I am up to 9 buys with 3 left for Gold
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I sold most of my gold in the 900 range. I'd be happy to buy some back around $750. image And more if it goes lower.

Just need to find that money I spent on my mortgage, kids, utilities etc.... image