Home Precious Metals
Options

I was at the coin show being held in St louis this weekend and...

bidaskbidask Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
Went by the APMEX table and asked about their spreads on coins like maple leafs, krugerrands, etc.

The good news was that their spreads on bullion coins like this was quoted to me at about 5-10 dollars over or under spot depending on buying or selling.

The bad news was when I inquired about purchasing some coins they said they didn't have any.......

hmmmmmm.....
I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Head back....they will have plenty.

• Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

Its like OPEC saying that they do not have Oil to sell. LOL

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

The guys I've dealt with from Apmex at shows are usually there to feed the website inventory. They rarely bring any inventory to sell.
    They don't sell off the new purchases at the show. It's been their MO for at least a few years.
    Provident usually brings inventory to Long Beach and their selling prices are typically in par or lower than apmex. Not sure about their buy prices though.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That seems strange...no coins to sell at a show.... @bigjpst....I see what you said, and certainly I understand buying opportunities, however, for such a company as Apmex, one would think that they would also have inventory to move at a show. Cheers, RickO