Home Metal Detecting
Options

Headin' out again after a long break - Post hunt report (short)

CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm guessing it's been close to 3.5 years since I've used my metal detector. Various reasons, none really important. Have had the itch lately though and looks like the 1st weekend in September I'll be digging holes again with a buddy of mine. Definitely looking forward to it. We've scoped out a very old, very small cemetery in my area that we'll be hitting. Of course not above the actual gravesites but the road along the side and the pathways in front and behind the area where the bodies are burried.

It's time to break out the MDNO! (Metal Detecting Nerd Outfit)

Comments

• Options
    Looks like your ready to go again!

Good Luck

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got the gear.. no go and find the treasure...image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    all thats missing is the cape....t'dah dah dah, metal detector man!
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    you forgot to point out the cigarette.... lol

i'm in the wrong forum....sorry
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember that picture. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally did it.

Went out for about 8 hours of coil swinging on Saturday. Man, that was fun. Temperature was in the 100+ range which made it interesting. Soaking my hat in water every now and then really helped.

Nothing spectacular in the finds department. Your usual pile of junk metal/trash and $1.13 in clad coinage. Even without any super finds I had a blast and can't wait to get back out again. The buddy I was with found the same stuff I did and a couple cool items to boot. He dug up a .380 Auto live bullet and a .925 silver bracelet.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see you back at it..... Good luck.. HH Cheers, RickO