Home Metal Detecting

Ski Slop Hunting Grounds??

Anyone ever hunt a ski slope in the off-season? Was thinking about going over to the local ski slope and ask to hunt and clean the place up. Any advice for a newbie?
Nick

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The beginners slope and the 'bunny' slope (for kiddies)... then around the 'gear up' area.. where people put on and take off their gear.... Cheers, RickO
  • Sounds like those might be some good places to hunt. Good luck!

Bob
  • yes, it does sound like a great hunting spot. only problem is that the highest peak around where I live is a hill, and there's no way I'm making a trip upstate or to Pennsylvania to hunt. especially with these gas prices, although, my finds might just pay for the gas to get there, , but who knows.
    Happy Hunting!image

• << <i>Anyone ever hunt a ski slope in the off-season? Was thinking about going over to the local ski slope and ask to hunt and clean the place up. Any advice for a newbie? >>

may I ask what mountain & state. I going to jay peak vt. this weekend & will be doing some detecting. start near the lodge where people take off & on their skis for lunch, try under the ski chair at the top & bottom but this can be more difficult because of the summer growth. good luck keep us postedimageimageimageimageimageimage