Home Metal Detecting
Options

action shots.............

here are some pics from this past weekends adventure....hh

i hate being surrounded by bait fish, it makes me feel like i'm bait...yikes!

the search is on...in 6 feet of water with just my snorkle sticking out of the water...aha!...low tone!

fan away the sands......what's this ?

the finds... a little 14k jobby......hh
"see ya at the beach"
imageimageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    Nice clear water ;-)

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great pictures... and a nice find... do you keep the relics? Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great shots- I see some "Best Expedition Photo" contenders. That is a pretty old looking spike.

You're just snorkeling? You've got a better set of lungs than I do, if you can stay down long enough to pinpoint a target on the bottom, without takin' a breath!

I think the middle shot, with the three retreating little yellowtailed fishies to the right, is the coolest.

Thanks fer postin' those!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Here's a simulation of what that middle shot might look like if you tried that off OUR beaches in SE Georgia. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    that would be scary!...no thanks, i'll stick to s. florida...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    They don't call it "blackwater diving" for nothing. It's mostly brown, though. There are several rivers that empty into the ocean here on our coast, so there is a lot of sediment until you get way offshore.

I heard some hair-raising tales from a buddy of mine who did blackwater diving. But he had some impressive bottles and old coins to show for his endeavors, including some going back to the colonial era.

• Options
    Oh, yeah- I forgot to add that Saint Simons Sound, between St. Simons Island and Jekyll Island here, is supposedly one of the largest breeding grounds for hammerhead sharks in the Atlantic.

We've got big Tigers, too. image

But oddly enough, I have never read of a documented shark attack in our waters. The jellyfish seem to be the biggest menace.

I'm like you- I would prefer to leave the blackwater diving to other folks, and stick to the clear Florida waters. I would like to SEE the critters I'm about to step on!

• Options
    Great photos and great finds but...................

for some reason I want fish and chips now............go figgerimage
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options
    davbecdavbec Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Those are nice pics Dave. You've gotta do more of those. Do you have to wear any weights to help keep you down?
  • Options

<< <i>Those are nice pics Dave. You've gotta do more of those. Do you have to wear any weights to help keep you down? >>

yes sir... the weights are a almost mandatory in the ocean... with waves and currents flowing it's hard to stay on a target without them, even when the seas are calm.....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think with hammerheads and tiger sharks breeding in the area... I would stick to the sand.... image Cheers, RickO