Home Metal Detecting

HMS Bounty in the Harbor

ARrrr... Tall ships are in the local harbor
Pirate Camp Site

HMS Bounty
Channel Island Harbor, Oxnard, CA

Dug a beer can and this stick had a metal tip...Cane...It has a antler handle with a whistle carved in it

ARrrr...

Jerry
CROCK of COINS
imageimage

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool pictures... I like the old wooden ships.... thanks, Cheers, RickO
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that HMS Bounty replica came here to Brunswick, once. I remember walking the dock next to it. It's only 2/3 scale (or 3/4, something like that) in comparison to the real ship, I was surprised to learn.

You found that cane? That is too cool. A little creepy, though- one wonders what happened to the guy who once depended on it! Very neat "oddball" find!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old wooden masts are not a rare sight on our waterfront. Of course there were hundreds or even thousands of them along the waterfront a century ago, when the timber schooners used to call here. A forest of masts to haul away forests of trees!

This is the barquentine Peacekeeper. I took this shot on an outing a year ago.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

• << <i>I believe that HMS Bounty replica came here to Brunswick, once. I remember walking the dock next to it. It's only 2/3 scale (or 3/4, something like that) in comparison to the real ship, I was surprised to learn. >>

Size INFO: Bounty
    http://www.tallshipbounty.org/the-ship/statistics.php

Ships in port:
    http://www.tallshipschannelislands.com/visiting_ships.cfm

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭
    I was in New York City a couple weeks ago.
    South Street Seaport. Brooklyn in the background. The tall ship is the "Peking".

• << <i>Old wooden masts are not a rare sight on our waterfront. Of course there were hundreds or even thousands of them along the waterfront a century ago, when the timber schooners used to call here. A forest of masts to haul away forests of trees!

This is the barquentine Peacekeeper. I took this shot on an outing a year ago.

image >>

That mast on the far right looks familiar. I think there is one in my front yard.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "That mast on the far right looks familiar. I think there is one in my front yard." image Good one... Cheers, RickO
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been aboard the Bounty, but better almost was I seriously considered crewing on her from here to Port Huron when she came to port. They have an all volunteer staff, and a constant turnover, just like in the old days. The pay was low, and the food not so good, but one of the crew members said, after 14 hours of work in the rigging, even burned hot dogs are damned good food.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21