Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I finally bought a coin from Russ

MarkInDavisMarkInDavis Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭
Well sold on consignment through Compucheap anyway. How did I do?

1934-D NGC MS62. $159.45 after shipping. I don't have it yet but am waiting anxiously.

image Respectfully, Mark

Comments

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Remember to leave him a 1 on shipping cost!!! He scored a 20% ebay discount and he needs to be brought down with the rest of us!! image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stole a cool Darkside error from Russ once. Felt kinda bad, it went so cheap.

But somebody else ended up getting it cheaply from me, too, so maybe I didn't score as big a rip as I thought. image

It was very cool for the three bucks I spent, though. A $20+ coin all day long. (Would've been hundreds if it were Liteside). I think I got ten or twelve for it. It was a multisided Mexican ten-peso piece, struck dramatically off-center. With a multisided flan like that, being off-center, it was supercool for the money.

I don't think Russ and I have ever spent any real money buying from each other, but it's been fun all the same. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    PS- sweet Peace $, BTW. I like 'em bright n' white, like that.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭
    I agree with NGC's grade on this one. Nice coin. The coin retains some luster. Not too many dings. Common strike. Nice!
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    62 is a great "value grade" that packs a lot of bang for the buck, like AU58.

I always liked 62s for my UNC Type and 58s for my upper-end circs.

• Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Very attractive coin, when you can find them this nice in lower grades who needs top pops. image
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Remember to leave him a 1 on shipping cost!!! He scored a 20% ebay discount and he needs to be brought down with the rest of us!! >>

That would be screwing my clients.

As for this Peace Dollar, it actually brought less than my pre-auction estimate. I think you got a pretty decent deal.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've bid on Russes auctions, but have yet to win one. image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    MPLunaticMPLunatic Posts: 617 ✭✭
    I was really hoping to get my hands on the toned 1924 peace dollar he had for sale last week, but didnt. Thant was a sweet coin
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MarkInDavis: That's an interesting coincidence, because I also just purchased my first coin from Russ.

I just received the coin today, and am very pleased with the smooth transaction, the shipping overage refund that he provided on his own initiative, and the high quality coin that was accurately described and photographed.

The following photos were taken by Russ, and were part of the original auction listing. Thanks Russ! imageimage

1934-D PCGS MS-62 Peace Dollar

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    MarkInDavisMarkInDavis Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭
    TTT :(
    image Respectfully, Mark

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file