Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

LABOR DAY COIN SWAP NOW UNDERWAY - ENTRY HEREBY CLOSED! - HAPPY SWAPPING & GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

13»

Comments

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Label/Receipt Number: 7311 9496 6850 0200 0373

Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.

Hurricane IKE is right beneath me!

Between it & cleaning up after GUSTAV I haven't had a whole lot of time for much else.

I'll be along shortly. image
  • Options
    BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    See Boom,

This is what pisses me off about the swaps - your package is in route. I'll scan the receipt on TUES when I get back to work. Our agreed number is more than represented, a big bath is needed for the bonus coin, but I thought it would be fun. Swaps should be fun, never questioning....remember....
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭

<< <i>See Boom,

This is what pisses me off about the swaps - your package is in route. I'll scan the receipt on TUES when I get back to work. Our agreed number is more than represented, a big bath is needed for the bonus coin, but I thought it would be fun. Swaps should be fun, never questioning....remember.... >>

Is the tracking number an INSURED number? if so, it cannot be tracked online, don ask me how or why..... usually only tracking #'s provided for Priority Mail/Registered can be tracked online.

TC
  • Options
    (MORGANBARBER) STEVE, YOU DID THIS ON PURPOSE,

didn't you? I could send half of this back and still be satisified. image

Sending me all your PCGS certified washies is no way to start a set. image

Now I feel like I shorted you image
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    that's what is fun about these swaps

To see if you can make your swap partner feel bad

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    Well my swappy sent me a couple of goodies (even tho I quit the Morgan fest) and his is on the way to him, hopefully it was not sucked up in a hurricane.

Here is a weird one- the 'storm' is called h(e)urricane, but we named this one IKE, and IKE is a nickname for a famous male General- go figure the mindset of human beings.

Oh- I like IKE, he was a fantastic leader in the military, not a great President IMO.

• Options
    Don't misunderstand the purpose of my post here. It's to drive Home a very important point!

The reason for posting #s is to prove that people are indeed telling it like it is! I have ZERO DOUBT about BigJohnD's Integrity here. He has ALWAYS BEEN on the "A" List - on the up & up as is the vast Majority of swappers!

It also helps to cover one's backside as I recall all too well the unorganized chaotic circus these swaps were before I grabbed the proverbial Bull by the horns!

IMAGINE if I did not know any given swapper (no one in particular - but NOW the significance of having kept individual sheets on all swappers surfaces as well) and he or she swore up & down that the pkg has been shipped but #s punched in come back as such! There IS a very VALID REASON "Why" things are all screwed up & in NO WAY is this anyone's "fault" or even IN THEIR CONTROL!

THOSE REASONS HAPPEN TO BE NAMED HURRICANES GUSTAV AND IKE!

I trust you ALL now see the importance of communication AND the posting of these important numbers!

For EVERYONES' Information - but for a few days BETWEEN HURRICANES - we have had NO US Postal Service!

Fact IS, I just called my local PostMaster, whom I know quite well - on a First Name basis - and TODAY, 09-15-2008 is THE FIRST DAY the Post Office HERE is open, up & running in almost TWO WEEKS! They are so swamped with work and loaded down to the gills with everyones' mail of 2 WHOLE WEEKS!

Obviously, TODAY is the FIRST DAY I get the CHANCE to Mail out! Now how do you think this makes ME look?

If we ALL were not aware of these 2 Hurricanes (both of which directly impacted ME) - people would be wondering "what the Hell is wrong with BOOM! Why hasn't HE POSTED #s?" Well - NOW YOU KNOW!

John, I am no more worried about you than I am about the World ending this very second! I have ALL the Master sheets, remember! I have known you for quite some time and have you rated among the best here. Fact IS, there are very few bad eggs left among us.

I hope to drive HOME the importance of COMMUNICATION & TRUST but moreso ... PATIENCE!

Now, I need to sign off here and get some packages moving TODAY! I will return a little later to post MY Numbers - and NOW you ALL know why I am LATE!

Don't sweat it Big John and don't take this out of context, OK? It's "all good!" I am sure you shipped and I am sure to get you package out right now - TODAY!

Regards all,

BOOM
  • Options
    Man - you think things aren't REALLY messed up?

Enter the number today - go on try it and see what it shows.

Again, I have ZERO doubt in John however OBVIOUSLY the USPS has a MAJOR GLITCH at present!

Later y'all.

Time to fly! image
  • Options
    Well, Good News on 2 counts !

I am in receipt of the pkg from BigJohnD but have yet had time to open it.

Think I'll sweat it & wait.

Meanwhile, John - yours is on the way and will hopeully be in your posession soon.

The Insured Mail tag # is VE 351 769 816 US.

I think you'll be pleased. Lines of communication / always open!

********************************************************************************************

Well ... I couldn't wait & I opened the pkg.

WOAH!
    I have a 1938-D PCGS 66 Buffalo Nickel,

a raw 1947-S Booker T. Washington Commemorative

AND ... HEY!!!

a 1881 NGC 63 3c piece! Very Nice, indeed!

JOHN - THANX! I'll put these away till you receive yours!

I hope you like what I sent.

Very nice & Thanx again! imageimage
  • Options
    Boom,

Sorry about the rant - it just caught me at a very bad time. I flew home Friday - at my own expense - to a foot of water in the finished basement. we had nearly seven inches in a 24 hour period - and there was not much that I could do. with a very pregnant wife at home things were not so great. I just finished cleaning things up tonight. No sweat at all, and I'm sorry other things affected my post. All is well.

Regards,

John
  • Options
    Hey - that's OK Big John.

No need to apologize!

You're AOK with me!

Quite understandable in your situation.

Hope everything turns out OK for ya. image
  • Options
    Going along with the need to post the #s:

Reminds me of roughly a year ago, when my partner DID NOT post any numbers. After a while he posted that he screwed up, and sent his package to himself. image How do you do that?

Then after a long while, he came back with a heartwrenching excuess why he hadn't sent me anything yet. I say " OK sorry to hear about your bad news". He says he will send a package as soon as the post office is open again, and post the numbers. ?????????????????????????????

And hasn't posted on this forum page since.

This is an example of a bad egg that needed weeding out. image

Paul
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

• Options
    Sadly Paul, it would seem so.

I would hope that he would at least had the decency to return your coins.

I am sorry this happened to you and will try my best to somehow make it up to you.

Your friend,

BOOM image
  • Options
    Boom,

You already have Pal. image
    Even though I, in no way thought it was up to you. You have sent me things that made me more than whole. If I were going to hold HIS ACTIONS against you or swapping in genral, I wouldn't be here now. image

• Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭
    I got my swap from MH2 today, its great! Thanks!

TC71
  • Options

<< <i>I got my swap from MH2 today, its great! Thanks!

TC71 >>

now I'm a happy camper....
  • Options
    Anyone hear from Big John lately? I hope he's alright!

He certainly has a full plate last I heard. Wife very pregnant, etc!

I'd like him to know he can email me & let me know what he thinks of the swap.

I want to make sure he's satisfied! What I should've done was submit that 1 particular piece.

Hope he likes it. If not we can always go back to the proverbial drawing board! image
  • Options
    Package received from Boom, and a very nice coin included indeed. I have always have had a difficult time grading that series.

Another great swap!
  • Options
    Glad you like it John and hope all is well on your end.

Have a peek at the price Guide and I think you may find it "interesting"!

PM sent! imageimage
  • Options
    Have ALL swaps that went forward hereby concluded without incident?

Any grievances? If so (God, I HOPE NOT!) PLEASE make every effort to

work things out with your respective mates. It's REALLY NOT THAT DIFFICULT!

Some finishing Progress Reports (whether swaps went well or mutally "aborted")
    would REALLY be appreciated.

I REALLY need to know what's the deal. I don't read minds but DO read well -

sooooo, I not only would appreciate some insight and information here - GOOD & BAD.

Let's get this thing wrapped up, OK because we have 3 real good opprtunities to
    have Quality swaps before the end of the year, 2008!

Can YOU IMAGINE! 2008 has already come & gone!? SOMEBODY STOP THE DARNED CLOCK!

TIME IS REALLY FLYING MAN ... WAY/ EXTREMELYTOO FAST! THINK ABOUT IT.

Seems like only yesterday we were celebrating the New Millenium, then dealing with the Horror of 9-11.

Next came "Shock & Awe"! The entire Washington Quarter Program (which also seems like it just started)
    IS DONE! TEN YEARS FLEW BY. WOW!! 9-11 was 7 years ago ALREADY! 8 years & 2 Presidential terms LATER,
    WE STILL ARE IN THE MIDDLE EAST!

Not to get side-tracked here but am I the ONLY ONE that finds it INCREDIBLE that we can find a "Rat"
    in a hole in the ground / smoked his sons too - BUT WE CAN'T FIND Osama Bin Laden who towers above
    others of his Nationality like some Giraffe in a herd of cattle? I truly cannot believe that he has not been
    found! THINK ABOUT IT! With all the Technological changes of the past 8 years WE CAN'T FIND HIM?? image

Sorry, but I'm not buying it for a second. Just WHERE IS OBL?
    Is he History & nobody's talking or is he holed up inside some mountain? I though he required constant medical
    attention for a Kidney problem! Is this so OR did I just dream this?

10 years AGO, the Deleware came out followed by New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and Georgia -
    and in a proverbial blink of an eye, we ALL have aged TEN YEARS .... just like THAT! WOW! imageimage

I wonder how many of us will & will NOT be with us 10 more years down the road!

Treat one another well, my friend. In the end coins will NOT matter at all -
    BUT IN THE MEANTIME - LET'S HAVE SOME FUN & ENJOY OUR HOBBY ...
    AND ONE ANOTHER!

Peace Bros!

BOOM image

In the blink of an eye, 12-21 2012 will be here! I sure hope all the
    different people that were totally unaware of one another, but all agree
    on that ONE DATE .... are ALL wrong!

I sure hope it doesn't come to an abrupt end but if it does - just be ready!

IF the unthinkable DOES HAPPEN, I hope they drop this thing right ON me!

That way it won't hurt a bit! 12-21-12 will behere SOON!