Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

LABOR DAY COIN SWAP NOW UNDERWAY - ENTRY HEREBY CLOSED! - HAPPY SWAPPING & GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• Options
    BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    More people than I can recall in this swap...... Which is verry good
  • Options
    Is this getting off the ground?
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is this getting off the ground? >>

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Is thiis thing getting off the ground?

YES!

Some of you may have heard of Tropical Depression "Fay"!

Well, between tornadoes and power outages this is the soonest I could get here soooo - keep your proverbial shirts on!

I am working on pairings NOW!
  • Options
    OK - The following are ALL hereby verified and APPROVED, I am still letting people that want to take part do so despit this list.

If YOU care to take part simply PM me the required personal/ verifiable ifo with a short insight about collecting interests etc (as previously posted)!

Thank you.

Entrants ARE:

01- BOOM
    02- LONELYP
    03- MORGANHUNTER2
    04- TORINOCOBRA71
    05- WALMANN
    06- TSACCH
    07- MUSKY1011
    08- BIGJOHND
    09- ARIZONAJACK
    10- AIJA
    11- MORGANBARBER
    12- PITBOSS
    13- BSTAT1020
    14- TERBURN88
    15- MILLERTIME
    16- BGMAN

17- PAKASMOM IS APPROVED AND VERIFIED HOWEVER AFTER OUR CONVERSATION EARLIER, WE HAVE DECIDED TO WORK WITH EACH OTHER SEPREATELY BUT IN CONJUNCTION WITH SAID SWAP.

NEW TO THE HOBBY WITH MUCH TO LEARN, I DO NOT WISH TO SEE ANYONE HURT OR TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF THEREFORE I WANT TO GET HER STARTED AND SETUP CORRECTLY WITH THE TOOLS SHE WILL NEED ALONG WITH REFERENCE MATERIAL AND JOINING THE ANA.

WE ALL WERE NEW TO THIS AT ONE POINT IN TIME. THERE IS SO MUCH TO LEARN AS WELL AS PITFALLS EVERYWHERE!
    I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF ANY WHO WISH TO HELP HER TO JOIN IN WITH ME. I HAVE ENCOURAGED HER TO STAY AWAY FROM RAW COINS ON EBAY FOR NOW AND IF SHE FEELS SHE WANTS TO COLLECT, TO DO SO SLOWLY & METHODICALLY - THINKING BEFORE ACTING - HOPEFULLY AVOIDING GETTING HURT.
    *********************************************************************************************

I WILL BE BACK SHORTLY WITH THE OFFICIAL PAIRINGS HOWEVER SHOULD ANYONE HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT RULES SIMPLY SEE PRIOR SWAP THREAD OR ASK ANY OF THE "ELDERS" HERE, WHO WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU, IN THE EVENT I AM NOT ONLINE!

PLEASE STAND BY & IF YOU WANT TO SIGN UP, PLEASE DO!

********************************************************************************************

BARRING ANY NECESSARY CHANGES WE WILL SWAP AS FOLLOWS!
    01- BOOM SWAPS WITH 08- BigJohnD & vice versa
    02- LONELYP swaps with 11- Morgan Barber and vice versa
    03- MorganHunter2 swaps with 04- TorinoCobra71 & vice versa
    05- Walmann swaps with 14- terburn88 & vice versa
    06- Tsacch swaps with 16- Bgman & vice versa
    07- MUSKY1011 swaps with 15- MILLERTIME & VICE VERSA
    09- ArizonaJack swaps with 13- BSTAT1020 & vice versa
    10 - AIJA swaps with 12- PITBOSS & VICE VERSA

PLEASE DOUBLE-CHECK THIS LIST! IF THERE ARE ANY POTENTIAL PROBLEMS WITH PAIRINGS LET ME KNOW ASAP.

YOU EACH ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERY ASPECT OF THIS SWAP, FROM COMMUNICATION TO DELIVER/ POSTING AND DECLARING. COMMUNICATION IS KEY AS IS UNSELFISHNESS!

LET'S MAKE IT A GOOD ONE! image

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!! imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    LonelyP has summed up what is required of all entrants quite well. Thanks LonelyP.

He also has broken down the Common Sense Rules of Coin Swapping equallly well.

1- Comunicate

2- Come to terms

3- Post to this thread your status as the swap progresses.

4- Post Delivery Confirmation Numbers (Mandatory for online traceability)

5- From this point on it all becomes simply a matter of ethics (treating one another fairly)

6- Protect your coins if you deem necessary by purchasing USPS Insurance!

7- NO SWAP shall be deemd culminated till BOTH PARTIES have posted such TO THIS THREAD!

8- YOU are NOT free to do anything with the coins you receive until your partner and you agree that the swap is mutually agreeable and acceptable!

9- As stated, the rest may be found in previous swap threads.

10- Treat one another FAIRLY. NO UNDUE STRESS or unrealistic DEMANDS shall be placed on your partner. IF this is repeatedly reported to me and recorded on you personal sheet, you will AT MINIMUM bestricted in your limitations to swap andor excluded from any fuuture swap until you cease and desist from such!
  • Options
    BARRING ANY NECESSARY CHANGES WE WILL SWAP AS FOLLOWS!
    01- BOOM SWAPS WITH 08- BigJohnD & vice versa
    02- LONELYP swaps with 11- Morgan Barber and vice versa
    03- MorganHunter2 swaps with 04- TorinoCobra71 & vice versa
    05- Walmann swaps with 14- terburn88 & vice versa
    06- Tsacch swaps with 16- Bgman & vice versa
    07- MUSKY1011 swaps with 15- MILLERTIME & VICE VERSA
    09- ArizonaJack swaps with 13- BSTAT1020 & vice versa
    10 - AIJA swaps with 12- PITBOSS & VICE VERSA

PLEASE DOUBLE-CHECK THIS LIST! IF THERE ARE ANY POTENTIAL PROBLEMS WITH PAIRINGS LET ME KNOW ASAP.

YOU EACH ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERY ASPECT OF THIS SWAP, FROM COMMUNICATION TO DELIVER/ POSTING AND DECLARING. COMMUNICATION IS KEY AS IS UNSELFISHNESS!

ANYONE ELSE?

There is still room.image
  • Options
    Good Morning,

PM sent to Morgan Barber. image

We had a good swap before. image

Paul
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    PM sent.

Any problems or questions, either PM me or ask any of the elder members of the club.

I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you!

I'm outta here till later tonight! image

• Options
    PM sent to BOOM,

Just to say, HAPPY B-DAY, ya old fart. image

PS.

Maybe I should have another O.F. give-a-way.

Maybe later.
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

• Options
    HAPPY B(BOOM BOOM)-DAY!!

• Options
    WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    PM sent.

Happy Birthday Boom
  • Options
    When was your birthday again?

I'm sufferin from old farts disease.

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!

The gator n I have made our decisions - now off to the races.

• Options

<< <i>LonelyP has summed up what is required of all entrants quite well. Thanks LonelyP.

He also has broken down the Common Sense Rules of Coin Swapping equallly well.

1- Comunicate

2- Come to terms

3- Post to this thread your status as the swap progresses.

4- Post Delivery Confirmation Numbers (Mandatory for online traceability)

5- From this point on it all becomes simply a matter of ethics (treating one another fairly)

6- Protect your coins if you deem necessary by purchasing USPS Insurance!

7- NO SWAP shall be deemd culminated till BOTH PARTIES have posted such TO THIS THREAD!

8- YOU are NOT free to do anything with the coins you receive until your partner and you agree that the swap is mutually agreeable and acceptable!

9- As stated, the rest may be found in previous swap threads.

10- Treat one another FAIRLY. NO UNDUE STRESS or unrealistic DEMANDS shall be placed on your partner. IF this is repeatedly reported to me and recorded on you personal sheet, you will AT MINIMUM bestricted in your limitations to swap andor excluded from any fuuture swap until you cease and desist from such! >>

Thanks Boom,
    I see in my sum ups, I've been going from 6 - 10 (and 10 is abridged). I do touch on # 9. I have to remember to put those other 2 in there. image

We have a larger group this time. image Lets hope the newbies to the group will stay for many more swaps.

Paul

• Options
    We are doing a "Suprize Me" Limits talked about getting stuff ready.

• Options

<< <i>When was your birthday again?

I'm sufferin from old farts disease.

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!

The gator n I have made our decisions - now off to the races. >>

Bada Bing, Bada BOOM!

MorganHunter2's Swap is on the way to them!

USPS Priority Mail - Delivery Confirmation # 0703 8555 7490 9803 0911

TorinoCobra71
  • Options
    Beyond a doubt - THE fastest, bar NONE! image
  • Options

<< <i>Beyond a doubt - THE fastest, bar NONE! image >>

You better believe it! I am going outta town this Holiday weekend So I had to get it into the mail!

BOOM! Watch out for GUSTAV!

TC71
  • Options
    bgmanbgman Posts: 473 ✭✭
    tsacch's package went out today. Delivery confirmation is 0307 3330 0000 2183 4294.

Randy
  • Options
    If addy is confirmed, or corrected my package will go out Friday morning. image

• Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    Sent out bgman's package today via priority insured mail. 03081400000126486285 is Delivery confirmation number and insurance number is 13080370000107663582.
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    Package mailed to Walmann. DC# 9105785091401706182130
  • Options
    Great job guys,

Like REO Speed Wagon, I'm gettin' ready

to be "Ridin' The Storm Out"!

Looks like GUSTAV & Hannah BOTH

have their sites set on us!

Oh NO - it's 2005 all over again!

Not another Katrina & Rita! image

BTW - in connunice' with BJD,

Waiting due to the above! image
  • Options
    Swap package on the way to Morganbarber,
    DC # 0303 2460 0002 2228 2488

Also a package sent to Boom, This is the quarter I PMed about. image

NO WAY is it a MS-70, as labeled. If you say it will (might) get MS-67 I'll be suprized.

DC # 0303 2460 0002 2228 2471

Might at least chear you up. image

Paul

• Options
    WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    Package sent to terburn DC#03063030000030180041
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    pitboss & I have agreed t a mystery swap!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    Muskys' package on the way. Priority insured w/delivery confirmation #0305 0830 0000 4862 9824.

Millertime
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    millertime's coins on the way
    priority
    insured
    del. confirmation
    0306 2400 0002 9805 4960
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    Got my coins today, a nice assortment of raw stuff....thanks bgman.
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    Rcvd mine from the gator

his should be won later tonight I have a high bid on a nice commem.

he'll like it or.....

Boomer- duck quick - Gussie is comin in fast dude.

and I know about Katrina and Rita- was in the hood- 'r'member!
  • Options
    I didn't know how close Boom is to New Orleans, I hope you got outta town pal. image

GOOD LUCK to you and everyone on the gulf coast. Please check in with us ASAP.

Worried about you bud.

Paul

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Augie's mystery coins will be on the way Tuesday morning priority mail. He will have them by Thursday or Friday. This is fun!
    Thanks,
    pitboss
  • Options
    MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    I received Musky's package today, a nice looking 1937 PCGS MS64 WL half. A nice addition to the Dansco 7070.

Thanks,
    Millertime
  • Options
    I'll be contacting my swap partner as previously agreed.
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    millertime's Mercs came today

my wife will be drippingimage

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    bgmanbgman Posts: 473 ✭✭
    Received my package from tsacch. A nice assortment. Thanks for the great swap.

Randy
  • Options
    Musky1011................uhmmm................. I probably wouldnt be getting divorced if coins had that effect on my wife.
  • Options
    Forgot to mention, package on it's way to pitboss.
    Del. Conf & ins. #0703 8555 7490 6709 3312

pitboss, hope you like.
  • Options
    Received package form walmann. Very nice coins and supplies!!!!

Thanks to Boom for arranging the swap and allowing a newbie to participate.

Terry
  • Options

PLEASE TAKE NOTE! IMPORTANT.

The following is a friendly reminder regarding swap "protocol":

For the most part nearly all swappers are doing well in initial communications with respective partners.

Secondly, it is also True that most are also complying quite well with the posting of shipping information!

Thanks to all on both counts .... HOWEVER, I have duly noted that the following seems to be where MOST
    are totally missing the proverbial boat - SO LISTEN UP BECAUSE THIS IS IMPORTANT and I have isolated it
    as a likely reason why many do not continue to take part!

Communication is VITAL throughout the ENTIRE swap process! (REMEMBER THIS??)

YOU ARE NOT FREE TO DO ANYTHING WITH WHAT IS SENT YOU UNTIL BOTH SWAPPERS PUBLICLY DECLARE
    THEIR MUTUAL SATISFACTION BY POSTING SUCH TO THIS VERY THREAD!

Inevitably SOME will feel they have been "shorted". LET'S STOP RIGHT HERE!

Lines of communication SHOULD remain open till BOTH are MUTUALLY satisfied! In the event you feel you have been short-changed, instead of harboring "ill feelings" - holding these feelings inside thereby permitting said
    feelings to directly influence future participation, IT IS INCUMBENT UPON YOU ALL to TELL your swap-mate how
    you feel!

Remember .... I told ALL OF YOU not to "off" undesirables on your partners hoping to obtain nice coins in return!

Remember .... I told ALL OF YOU to treat you partner THE WAY YOU WOULD WISH TO BE TREATED!

If you have the slightest DOUBT as to whether or not you have GIVEN ENOUGH .... ADD MORE!

I PROMISE - IT WON'T KILL YOU! LEARN TO LET GO!

IF, you feel shorted .... TELL YOUR PARTNER! DO NOT hold such things inside thereby allowing this to "fester" ill-feelings or to desuade you from EVER taking part AGAIN!

THIS IS EXACTLY where swaps have been breaking down! Remember .... I told you ALL that I print sheets out on everyone and keep track/ rate you, as swappers?

I'LL SAY IT AGAIN! NO ONE is free to "DO" anything with what has been received until BOTH PARTIES have PUBLICLY DECLARED MUTUAL SATISFACTION! This would imply that FOLLOW UP COMMUNICATION/ DIALOGUE is in order and is every bit as important as, IF NOT MORESO, than initial communication!

I also told everyone, MANY TIMES - NOT TO PLACE undue stress or UNREALISTIC DEMANDS on your partners.

BE FLEXIBLE and BE GRACIOUS AS WELL AS "GIVING"! These swaps are not opportuniteis to DUMP and GET!

If your partner HAPPENS TO HAVE what you LIKE - FINE! If he or she DOES NOT - then keep it SIMPLE by agreeing to a lesser amount and basically what would be referred to as a "Surprise Swap!"

BOTTOM LINE - IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY (AND/ OR NEITHER IS YOUR PARTNER) .... NO SWAP can then be deemed FINAL or a "success"! You STAY in communice' with one another till you ARE BOTH HAPPY OR ABORT and return one anothers' posessions!

This IS NOT DIFFICULT - this does NOT require a Master's Degree! It IS just PLAIN COMMON SENSE & FAIR PLAY!

I view every one of you as equal, consenting Collectors! While these are coordinated by me - in NO WAY are ANY of these to be considered BOOM's SWAPS. They are OUR SWAPS and each of us is responsible for his/ her own actions.

It should be made clear however, that I WILL (as coordinator) weed out consistantly problematic swappers!

If your conduct is chronically bad .... if people consistantly complain about you, your demands and or the things you send, I WILL LET YOU KNOW. I am a fair individual and believe in second chances. If, however, a swapper continues to be a problem, he/ she will be "leaned on" heavily and eventually no longer be allowed to take part!

This, to a large degree, is a Democracy in the truest sense of the word. Majority rules BUT as OVER-SEER I will DO what I feel is Best for the Group as a whole - as applies to the aforementioned!

Guys .... this is our HOBBY and the purpose of these swaps is to promote Fraternity - to get better acquainted with one another! There ARE NO overbearing "Rules" here .... just simple "Common Sense Guidelines."

PLEASE follow UP and THROUGH with said guidelines, finish EACH SWAP off by finding out if your partner is happy, tell the truth to one another and LASTLY, publicly declare FINAL STATUS! Successful or MUTUALLY ABORTED)

I NEED to know such things! OK?

Let's do ALL WE CAN to make these FUN thereby ensuring future interest and Posterity!

Thank you ALL for continuing to participate.

Have a great day!

Your friend,

BOOM ~
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Received package from ajia. I am completely satisfied with the coins he sent. I hope he likes what I sent him.
  • Options
    Thanks Pit. Maybe check with him and see how he feels about it. image

Everyone needs to make this common practice. That's the point of my previous post!
  • Options
    I was more than pleased with the Ike from terburn88, then he goes above and beyond and puts some nice unc quarters as an extra. Upstanding guy and great first swap.
  • Options
    Coins from pitboss came in Saturday.
    Look like we're both happy with our Swap.

Thanks pitboss.....and Boom.
  • Options
    I like hearing this!

Keep up the good work guys!image
  • Options
    morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    Things got really crazy around here before I was able to mail my package, which I finally did today. I apologize to lonelyp and to all swappers everywhere. His package to me arrived several days ago and was a nice collection of stuff in the values and types we had agreed to. I trust the package I sent will be equally well received. CONF# 0306 2400 0001 3160 7391, INS 1307 2390 0001 0250 0065.
    I collect circulated U.S. silver
  • Options
    BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    Boom's package sent this morning. 7311 9496 6850 0200 0373. Enjoy