Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Anything that really stands out at you in the Mastro Auction?

The 51 Pakrhursts are amazing, I'm not even a vintage hockey person. But some incredible grades.

Great T206's.

Not as many power cards as in past auctions.

A cool '52 Topps high number pack (remember the full box they had a few years ago).

Comments

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    A really nice PSA 7 Chicle Clark Hinkle and a superb PSA 8 38 Goudey Dick Bartell. image
  • Options
    How about that letter hand-signed by Robert Mueller, director of the FBI?

Jasen
  • Options
    Yes a sportscaster PSA 10 Gretzky card. That one should go for a mint.
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Josh, Where are all your other HOF rookies? Did they not make the cut?

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    Good Day,
    Yes all the new Non Sport 1959 Fleer Three Stooges PSA GEM MINT 10's. My prediction, you will see some new through the roof Non Sport prices realized from this auction. It would not surprise me to see some if not all of these exceed 25-30K each!!!!! And the Checklist one, over 50K easy!!!!
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Are they hawking copies of the subpoenas that were issued to them? I'd be interested in them.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options

<< <i>Josh, Where are all your other HOF rookies? Did they not make the cut? >>

Those will be in the October Classic Collector auction.
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Gotcha....I'll keep an eye out for them.

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    There will be a PSA 4 Thorpe in there for you.
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Yeah, the 20% buyers premium.
    Capecards
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1958 baseball cello pack is one of the infamous "bad" ones that GAI has graded. The seal is obviously wrong and I'm disappointed that Mastro would even list this pack.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    That 1911 T205 Frank Chance PSA 9 is unreal!!
    Link
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That 1911 T205 Frank Chance PSA 9 is unreal!!
    Link >>

You aren't kidding - gorgeous card!

Tabe
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes a sportscaster PSA 10 Gretzky card. That one should go for a mint. >>

I have no idea on the value for this. What do you think it will/could fetch?
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    There use to be a bunch of CSA 9 T205's, does anyone remember those? Circa about, 94-97/98? I forget the auction supplement in SCD at the time, was it sportsworld? I think some place out of Chicago.

This was before PSA got big. The "only mint 9" T205's I had ever heard of. And I think a bunch of 8's too.

Only PSA 9's in the history of PSA. That tells you something.

It's also sort of interesting, some people think forgers can pass high grade cards easily, and get high grades. But I bet that mint 9 number is going to hold for a long time on T205's. Or it won't go up by much.
  • Options
    I have heard tha a PSA 9 would fetch a coupl eof thousand so I am asuming over 5,000 for sure.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, really? Personally I don't see the appeal. But I guess to each his own.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    Yeah, just more baseball.image Always more baseballimage
    Any team on any given Sunday, can beat any other team...unless they were playing the Miami Dolphins in 1972.