Home U.S. Coin Forum

2009 Saint display at ANA

messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
Too lazy to look for other threads at the moment, but did anyone else think the 2009 High Relief Saint display at the Mint booth was incredibly cool? I was so afraid this design would be a caricature of the original, like the AGE design, but this one looks good... DAMN good. They had several finished specimens on display as well as a striking pressure progression showing how the coin looked struck with 15, 25, 35, 45, asnd 55 tons of pressure. Oh, and there was a 12 year old bald eagle squawking away across the aisle from the display. I may just have to buy one of those coins when they come out next year.

Comments

• If gold is at $1,000 in January do you think these will be $1,199? $1,299? $1,499?

I'm hoping they're no more than $1,299 cause I want two!
  • It was really cool looking at those coins and the bald eagle... image

But the bald eagle had a perpetually pissed off expression on his face... he'd look around and it was like he was saying "Who the hell are you?" or "What the hell do you want?" image
    -George
    42/92
  • mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    I have only heard of these but from what I hear they are spectacular. I wouldn't mind having one, when will they come out and do we know if there will be different sizes or will they only be available in the 1oz?

Thanks,
    Ray
  • I agree. The bird was in a pissy mood. I dont think he cares for coin collectors. Or maybe coin dealers. Im not sure......

Im getting 2 of these amazing coins. One for the collection, and one for the pocket. I want to see one worn down to vf-ef.image

That will look cool.

I think the Mint got it dead on with these and I hope more stuff like this comes out soon. The display was quite impressive aswell.
    Looking for Au Classic Commems...
    Also looking for VF-EF Seated halves.

Sell me your old auction catalogs...image
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pictures I have seen are very impressive.... this would be a keeper, not an investment...if all the reports (actual visual reports) are accurate, (and I have no reason to doubt them), it is a beautiful coin. Cheers, RickO
  • Personally Im speaking about the coins. They look amazing, the design really pops and the thickness and edge lettering looks great. I really see these as a big seller and I know this will be a coin I buy.

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>But the bald eagle had a perpetually pissed off expression on his face... he'd look around and it was like he was saying "Who the hell are you?" or "What the hell do you want?" image >>

I was thinking more in terms of "You wanna piece of me??!!!"

• ".....or will they only be available in the 1oz?"

Unless there is a major change in plans, these will be 1 oz only.
  • foodudefoodude Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭
    The display was very cool, as was the resulting coin!
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Nice!!! Is it 2009 yet!?image
  • I could not attend...and several weeks ago I called out to anyone out there to PLEASE photograph and post these...I was hoping to see them.....and after reading reports about them....I definately want one or two.....perhaps three.........thanks to all that reported on them....but........

......there is a need for a SPECIAL THANKS to GOLDBULLY...thank you VERY much for taking the time to photograph them and to post them here. I've been following your posts concerning them...and the photos in this thread are great....I send you a personal THANK YOU!

RAH1959

edited for spelling
  • I have a few questions? The coins displayed, are they struck for this display specifically? What will happen to them? Are they made the same as the ones intended for production?

• StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have thought anything would have distracted me from all that gold, but the bird was awesome and I hardly looked at the gold bricks! I took more pictures of the bird-eagle than the coin-eagles (mine didn't turn out as well as what's been posted so I don't have anything to add there). It was a great display showing all the progression of strikes too.

Cathy

• That brings up another question, with the progressive stirke coins, will these every be sold in the public market as special presentation pieces?

• fcfc Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭
    i would rather have a normal saint, non high relief, in ms65 or whatever
    the best grade i could afford.

that to me is just over priced bullion... with a fancy wood box.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I could not attend...and several weeks ago I called out to anyone out there to PLEASE photograph and post these...I was hoping to see them.....and after reading reports about them....I definately want one or two.....perhaps three.........thanks to all that reported on them....but........

......there is a need for a SPECIAL THANKS to GOLDBULLY...thank you VERY much for taking the time to photograph them and to post them here. I've been following your posts concerning them...and the photos in this thread are great....I send you a personal THANK YOU!

RAH1959

edited for spelling >>

Dear RAH1959, thanks for your kind words. I did the best that I could and truly enjoyed taking the pics at this once in a lifetime show for me.(hope I'm wrong)

There are many cool pics in my 2009 UHR Thread which is HERE!!

The Mint did a super job on their display.

Many many people went through the booth Friday and Saturday!!!

Lots of big smiles and oooooohs!!!

Thanks again, much appreciated.

GB

• BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,960 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i would rather have a normal saint, non high relief, in ms65 or whatever
    the best grade i could afford.

that to me is just over priced bullion... with a fancy wood box. >>

I sold all of my Saints because I thought the flat relief was boring. Personally I really like this new bullion. image

Although I could do without the box.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file