Home Metal Detecting

chinatown digs 7-31-08

i've been working this site for 4 years now and i'm still amazed at how much there is still left. Riccar decided to join me today. he found that there were spots that i dug at, but go did'nt far enough into. guess i'll be spending alot more time there. today i got 4 chinese coins(1 found by riccar and given to me) and a 1900 indian cent. also picked more non metallic items. here's the video link:
chinatown 7-31-08

Comments

• nice!...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice finds! Congrats!
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    neat finds.Do you have any idea of the age?

Al
  • Nice dig's and cool vidio's Brian.
    Are you sifting any of the dirt your digging??

HH,Tom
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again.. very nice.. I see why you keep digging... Cheers, RickO
  • this particular site, on the maps is supposed to be from the 1880's. most of the coins and items are from that range and up. i know a guy that got an 1856 quarter, but maybe that was a fluke. all the coins from the part of the lot have been 1890's- early 1900's.

we've thought of sifting, but the dirt is very rocky and there's loads of pottery and glass. i'm just enjoying digging and scratching through the layers. the bad part is there is also hundreds of nails. makes it hard detecting. gotta set for low disc and remove all the iron.