Home U.S. Coin Forum

Is there any reason not to become a power seller?

Hi,

I received this email from EBay, it says I can join the power seller program for free... is there any reason not to join?

I know I've seen many jokes here about <Sarcastically >"oh he's a power seller so too!" when ripping on scam auctions, are there any issues or stigma attached or hidden costs?

Would it be better just to say as I am?

Thanks!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear siranthonyac,

Congratulations! Your recent selling activity entitles you to Silver status in the eBay PowerSeller Program. Please visit www.ebay.com/powerseller and sign in to activate your free membership to enjoy these great benefits and services:

The PowerSeller icon next to your User ID

Free seller phone support, Monday-Friday, 6am-6pm PST. Log in to the PowerSeller Portal for the latest information on your customer support options.

Exclusive PowerSeller benefits including fee discounts, unpaid item protection, expanded seller protection from PayPal, and more. Check the PowerSeller portal often for updates!

Networking on the exclusive PowerSeller Discussion Board.

Free downloadable templates for PowerSeller business cards and letterhead.

Be sure to sign up today--it's FREE! Visit www.ebay.com/powerseller and click "Member Sign In."

Again, congratulations and best wishes for your continued success!

Sincerely,
eBay PowerSeller Team

Comments

• It just means that you have had consitent selling for a certain period of time and a way for Ebay to recognize that and for future buyers.
  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be sure it's from eBay...there are spoof PowerSeller invites...
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    You get access to the powerseller forum where you can read all the same whining and complaining that you can read in the other eBay forums. image

Actually, it's not nearly as bad there, since there's no such thing as posting ID's.

Russ, NCNE
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "Is there any reason not to become a power seller?"

////////////

Nope.

You can choose whether or not to display the PSer logo.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825
    I hear powersellers get discounts. I've heard no downside to becoming a powerseller.
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't do it.

Revenue Canada has won court order to have all Ebay Powersellers accounts handed over to them. Although this only applies to Canadians I would strongly recommend "Run Forest Run!!"
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eBay giveth and eBay taketh away. I just like having it on and off. This next month they're stripping it away from me , yet again.
    They are the silliest company I've ever dealt with. "Congrats" are in order one month. Next month a note that basically says : " You didn't reach our goals, so you're fired" image

<< <i>Don't do it.

Revenue Canada has won court order to have all Ebay Powersellers accounts handed over to them. Although this only applies to Canadians I would strongly recommend "Run Forest Run!!" >>

Beginning in 2011, PayPal will be required to issue 1099's for anyone doing more than $10k or 200 transactions a year.

Russ, NCNE
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Ya, I wouldn't do it once you're in, you can't get out...kinda like the mofia, but you do get 20% discounts on FVF's....
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Don't do it.

Revenue Canada has won court order to have all Ebay Powersellers accounts handed over to them. Although this only applies to Canadians I would strongly recommend "Run Forest Run!!" >>

Beginning in 2011, PayPal will be required to issue 1099's for anyone doing more than $10k or 200 transactions a year.

Russ, NCNE >>

All the more reason to ditch Paypoo as a payment option.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21

<< <i>All the more reason to ditch Paypoo as a payment option. >>

And do what? Get a merchant account? Those will be subjected to the same requirement.

Russ, NCNE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file