Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

this is one hot card....prices continue to rise..record Raw Close $455.55

this pujols card seems to still be in a steady rise...raw or graded,they fly off the shelves...
Link

his cousins:

not for nothing, but Pujols seems to be the front runner for NL MVP....he has won them 3 games in a row now....especially if they make the playoffs, i dont see who else in ahead of him ....

Comments

• Options
    well, if the Cards finish in 3rd place and the Brewers win the division or Wild Card. I'd put my money on Braun.
    I personally like to see the MVP come from a team that makes the playoffs or at least comes in 2nd. Pujuls certainly has the numbers, thats for sure.
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    another over $375.......a Very Hot Card

link
  • Options
    Wow. It is a cool card.
    --->imageimageimageimage<---
  • Options
    I dont know if its accurate of not, but I was told that the base card #/1000 were not die cut, but that only the first x amount were die cut, and then a smaller number of those were autographed? I forget the actual numbers but is this accurate to your understanding?
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159

<< <i>well, if the Cards finish in 3rd place and the Brewers win the division or Wild Card. I'd put my money on Braun.
    I personally like to see the MVP come from a team that makes the playoffs or at least comes in 2nd. Pujuls certainly has the numbers, thats for sure. >>

I'm biased, so I went to the stats for the comparison

Pujols:
    AVG - .347
    OBP - .456
    SLG - .602
    HR - 21
    R - 65
    RBI - 67
    2B - 26
    3B - 0
    SB - 5

Braun:
    AVG - .299
    OBP - .338
    SLG - .586
    HR - 29
    R - 61
    RBI - 82
    2B - 28
    3B - 6
    SB - 9

I wouldn't call either of them a front runner by any stretch of the imagination.
  • Options
    Since Chipper's hurt........

Manny Ramirez for NL MVP image
  • Options

<< <i>

I wouldn't call either of them a front runner by any stretch of the imagination. >>

If I recall, there isn't a single player, from a contender in the NL, that is putting up numbers anywhere close to Pujols.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I wouldn't call either of them a front runner by any stretch of the imagination. >>

If I recall, there isn't a single player, from a contender in the NL, that is putting up numbers anywhere close to Pujols. >>

Did your hair get in your eyes when I showed the comparison between Pujols' and Braun's stats? image
  • Options

<< <i>

Did your hair get in your eyes when I showed the comparison between Pujols' and Braun's stats? image >>

Haha no. I think I misunderstood your statement though. I thought you meant the neither of them were frontrunners at this point as in, there are OTHER people up there with them. It's late, my bad.

BTW, I'd take Braun for MVP if the season ended today.

Kind of on a side note and somewhat random, but we've been hearing about him for years in my area because he went to Miami and then played for the local minor league team (Brevard County), and it's so awesome to see him doing so well. The local paper kind of cheers him on as though he is one of the local boys (Prince, Wakefield, Clint Hurdle, and a lot of minor leaguers grew up around here).
  • Options
    We love Braun here. He signed the extension (at a substantial discount, imo) to stay with the Brewers for a few years. He's been great in the community. It's gotta be hard not to pull for him.
  • Options

<< <i>I dont know if its accurate of not, but I was told that the base card #/1000 were not die cut, but that only the first x amount were die cut, and then a smaller number of those were autographed? I forget the actual numbers but is this accurate to your understanding? >>

the first 100 were die cut and autographed....that means only 900 of the base exist

the status and aspiration variations were die cut and numbered separately..numbered to the players uniform number-and then cut in half -68-34 for Pujols
  • Options
    Though I am a Phillies fan, if Ryan Howard gets his BA up to about .260 (He has been climbing week after week), leading the league in RBI and potentially HR (1 behind Dunn right now) is nothing to sneeze about, and worthy of MVP conversation on a 1stplace team.

It is good to see Fandango right on schedule with his weekly Pujols praise/card hype thread. Unload those cards now because they will only go down once he retires in about 10 years and falls short of setting the all-time HR record.
  • Options
    Dr J, this is my first Pujols thread in a month or so...

i have been concentrating on my Pre-war sets.....not as popular on the PSA site...

i was just surprised to see how much the DOnruss ELite Pujols has climbed in raw condition...

Pujols doesnt need me to hype him, he is the best of our generation with or without the Fandango....
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    +1 for illeism usage fandango.

J
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    did lance berkman retire?

top 4 in BA
    top 10 in rbi
    # 1 in sp
    # 3 in obp

pujols is has slightly better numbers but he has ludwick and glaus behind him. berkman has no one in the top of any meaningful hitting category (SB's are not hitting)
  • Options

<< <i>did lance berkman retire?

top 4 in BA
    top 10 in rbi
    # 1 in sp
    # 3 in obp

pujols is has slightly better numbers but he has ludwick and glaus behind him. berkman has no one in the top of any meaningful hitting category (SB's are not hitting) >>

After Berkman's lackluster July, a lot of his....well...luster wore off. He'll have to pick up the pace again to have a shot at MVP.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Why are those first two cards not in slabs?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    the Status Sample and Aspirations are going to Newport soon....
  • Options
    bump for shwartz
  • Options
    WOWOWOWOWOW

Final Price $455.55 for a raw version, is the most i have seen BY FAR for this card..and by a solid Buyer too!!