Home Metal Detecting
Options

My first shot a pics of the recent "haul" from the Beach

claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
While my YN was boogie boarding with his fiend, the two dads took a shot at beach metal detecting. Got a surnburn and this:

And is this silver, or base metal?

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• Options
    That is silver!.................Congrats
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options
    goossengoossen Posts: 492 ✭✭
    I'm afraid is NOT silver. It's a Copper-Nickel 6 Pence from Great Britain, KM #903.
    My coins with pictures: http://www.paraguaycoins.com/
  • Options
    maybe that black dime is silver ? whats the date ?...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice finds... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>maybe that black dime is silver ? whats the date ?...hh >>

After soaking in olive oil, the date was still not readable. So I scraped the rim with a utility knife - it's definately clad.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye