12: 01 ET 1/4 OZ Gold Buff ordered

Expidited shipping 2-3 days

Comments

• Options
    WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    Proof and Unc sets ordered.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'am in for 5 and 5 just the 10th oz for now.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    jmcu12jmcu12 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭
    Just got a 1/10ounce unc version. It is going to be my golf ball marker! Cant wait to get it! image
    Awarded latest "YOU SUCK!": June 11, 2014
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    will they accept debit cards too? I demolished my credit cards and cursed them to hell a couple of years ago. I'd love to have one of the 1/4 ouncers, but paying $1165/oz with shipping? Damn! Don't need one that bad

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    was that a tumbleweed that just rolled by?
  • Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered my 1/4oz Proof and Unc early as stated on the Official Gold Buff Fractional thread!! image
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    The rest of you can have my share. No way am I paying those ridiculous prices.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...you'll be waiting to pay twice as much for a "First Strike MS69" off ebay next year? image
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with GAT!!!!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146

<< <i>So...you'll be waiting to pay twice as much for a "First Strike MS69" off ebay next year? image >>

No, I will buy them at melt. image
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So...you'll be waiting to pay twice as much for a "First Strike MS69" off ebay next year? image >>

No, I will buy them at melt. image >>

• Options
    I'm not getting any.
  • Options
    I luv sarcastic humor image

Im planning on running right over to a buddy of mine who has a great big furnace and melting mine down right away!!
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Where is the, "Not in the budget" thread?

Priorities, priorities, priorities
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    I like the look but at those prices I will pass.
  • Options
    huh
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

<< <i>well...ya know....when ya gotta buy rice to feed the starving family, and the food stamps run out, and you cant afford gas for your K car, and your $6 dollar an hour job just cut you back to three hours a week...

you shouldnt even be looking at coins period (period). >>

Rice? I'll have you know were eating hot dog water on a daily basis, with chunks of hot dog that is! Were doin alright so far, I'm hoping to be able to work in some salsa sauce in the future.

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I luv sarcastic humor image >>

I must have missed this or else it was edited out of someone's post.
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    What's the rush? Neat coins.. but minted to demand and priced too high, not a good combination for a must have coin... or at least not for now.
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    Pardon my lack of experience in buying current issue US mint gold, but after comparing the prices of all the mint gold products, the Buffalo pieces seem to be exactly in line with the eagle and first spouse coins of similar weights (denominations).

Why do some of you make it seem like they are jacking the price up to shocking levels on these?

Is it just a case if 'sour grapes"?

Just curious............
  • Options
    The price is high..........too high for taking a chance of flipping these.IMO..............however I noticed this afternoon that the 1/4 oz uncirc's were on B/O.....so I ordered 20!

Its a roll of the dice.....if there short of these, its a winner, if not there is still time to cancel...........besides I like the looks of the uncircs.......!
  • Options
    BithrateBithrate Posts: 555 ✭✭
    Just put in my order for the 1/10th oz.

Going to hold off for a while on buying the set - want to see what the little one looks like in hand.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Order number: 29391585

Order Date: 07/22/2008 at 12:04 AM

Order Status: Your order request has been cancelled.

>>

I ordered at 12:04 PM, WHY IN H**L DID IT SAY 12:04 AM ?

oh well screw it - I just canceled

I'll be looking to pick up on eBay after the fall

after everyone starts dumping there will be a long hard fall image

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

<< <i>2008 BUFF GLD UNC MM 1/4 OZ 2 $289.95 $579.90 Line was cancelled. >>

Looking like the 1/4 and 1/10 oz were becoming too popular so I bailed.
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    I bought one 1/4 ounce proof, because I plan on collecting these as a series from the beginning. 40 or 50 dollars more than the unirc did seem a bit steep for the 1/4 ouncer, but I have proof and uncirc of the one ouncers, and really think the proof is much more attractive.

Food for thought for people who think the price is going to come DOWN a lot on ebay, what happens if gold goes to $2000.00 as a lot of people are predicting? image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    so strange.

YES, cancel those orders.

that three hundred bucks will be MUCH more enjoyable when you write it out in checks to pay your cell phone bill.

...............and you guyz have the nerve to call yourselves collectors.................sheeesh image
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

No, I will buy them at melt. image >>

This is more than likely what will happen!

Look at the Latest Spouse gold in ms69 and pr69. Not exactly the hottest sellers.
  • Options
    1/10 oz proof 1/10 oz unc. 1 each///////////////////
    Jerryf43
  • Options
    I ordered them. You can always cancel or return.
    As you see all the fractional unc buffalo are on backorder already.
    Ships are safe in harbor but thats not what ships were built for.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I ordered one proof set. Since this is strictly as a collector item I don't need to worry about flipping etc...
  • Options
    I'm like another poster. I'd love to get these each year in the 1/4 and run a set of proofs. The first year coin will probably be a tough buy, but every year afterward they'll probably be had for melt money on the bay.

Once again, will they take a debit card?

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

• Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478

<< <i>I'm like another poster. I'd love to get these each year in the 1/4 and run a set of proofs. The first year coin will probably be a tough buy, but every year afterward they'll probably be had for melt money on the bay.

Once again, will they take a debit card? >>

I am pretty sure as long as your debit card has a visa or mastercard symbol on it, you can use it as a visa or mastercard, I have done that with mine before.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options

<< <i>I'm like another poster. I'd love to get these each year in the 1/4 and run a set of proofs. The first year coin will probably be a tough buy, but every year afterward they'll probably be had for melt money on the bay.

Once again, will they take a debit card? >>

99% sure they will.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    No need to rusn on the 1/4 oz as they are 'backordered' and wont ship until 8-7

I figured that would be the case so I ordered one at 12;01 yesterday.

AND I dont care if gold is "dropping like a rock" or "ya can get one for MELT (geez I hate that word) later in the year off ebay:

I want one this week and even paid the expidited shipping. And Dats Da Way it is.
  • Options
    thanks rgCoinguy and Silver Eagle. I was hoping and thinking they would. I think I'm enamoured with the novelty side of it because it's going to look like a gold color buffalo nickel proof. I may lose interest after one or I may be interested in building a set. Anyone know the diamter of these things? Does Dansco make an album to fit the diameter of these? Thanks

• Options
    1/2 mm larger than the nickel
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought one of each, gold and proof. I plan to collect.

Long term these are a good buy. Gold will be at $1500+ in the near future, and everyone will buy then I'm sure.

If gold does stay low and no one buys these, then there is low mintage and price goes up in later uses due to scarcity.

Either way, these are cool coins. I was collecting the 1oz's, I lament having to buy 4.7oz of Gold Buffs every year though.

And... if a few of these 8 coins grade as 70's any premium paid is (usually) canceled out by the increased value of the 70's.
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Just ordered one set of proofs.

I refuse to break down and buy the uncirculated ones though.

I'll reserve that money for no-motto eagles and half eagles instead; a more interesting circulated coin to me.

• Options
    Not sure if paying the expidited shipping is worth the price. My order was standard rate shipping, yet was still sent via Fedex overnight. Mints website showed shipped today, but was picked up last night and my daughter just called me and said the sets have arrived.
  • Options
    I think that for any order over $300, they give you free expedited shipping. However, it's not very obvious because the checkout 'shopping cart' website doesn't give you many hints about that.

• Options

<< <i>I think that for any order over $300, they give you free expedited shipping. However, it's not very obvious because the checkout 'shopping cart' website doesn't give you many hints about that. >>

This is the case unless you have a P.O. Box in which case it takes an extra week or two. In my case they usually wait a few extra days to pack these as well. image
  • Options
    I know it isnt the expidited shipping that caused this, but maybe some rushing was involved in the packaging process.

Opened up the Proof set and there is the 1/2oz rolling around outside of its capsule. The other three coins were fine, darn frustrating that kind of money, and there cant be too many of the sets going out the door, that quality control is so poor for this to happen.

Never had this happen before not sure if the mint allows exchange for just the one coin or if the entire set has to be returned for exchange. There was minor damage to the coin enough that it should be replaced. Will find out Monday unless others know from past experience how the Mint handles these situations.
  • Options
    The whole set must be replaced, you cannot return items piecemeal.

I think they don't use enough padding, and with enough rough shipping treatment, the inner box comes open and the items fly around. This happened quite often to folks getting 2008 ASE 'W' coins; mine were like that.

I suppose they could tape those boxes shut, but then numismatic folks would raise a stink about tape on the box.

However, shrink wrapping the box in thin poly should be easy enough to do. That would prevent this from happening.

OH BOY I CANNOT WAIT!

• Options
    Here is a little hint. Get a P.O. Box and they will ship it registered instead of express. They pack the registered boxes much more carefully. You have to be patient but I have never had any issues with packing and shipping this way.
  • Options
    Digging up an old thread here....after just seeing the 1/4 oz $10 buff breaking through the 2 thousand dollar mark on ebay.

I bought MINE< well, posters on this thread back oh so long ago...did you buy YOURS? And, to those of you who posted a resounding NO on this thread...whats yer story now?

It seems llike for every twenty coins, there is one remaining in the original mint packaging. I think they will have a long term premium value, over the slabbed coins.

• Options
    ambro51

We were just talking about this the other day, I had ordered (20) 1/4 UNC. BUFFS which went on B/O and stayed there for over (5) months, every couple weeks I would get an email from the Mint saying that they are coming, I got (2) shipments for a total of (4) coins.

With (16) still on B/O they had moved the Fulfillment Center and had gotten way behind...........then after almost (6) months they canceled the remaining (16) pcs.....it was a rip-off,

If you recall they wiped out tons of B/O orders at the time so they could catch up....

I forgot to mention a friend of mine returned (24) of them to the Mint.............image
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    Prices on these gold buffalo coins have gone up haven't they?image
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoW looking back I wonder how many wish they did buy I'am ok and wish I bought more. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Digging up an old thread here....after just seeing the 1/4 oz $10 buff breaking through the 2 thousand dollar mark on ebay.

I bought MINE< well, posters on this thread back oh so long ago...did you buy YOURS? And, to those of you who posted a resounding NO on this thread...whats yer story now?

It seems llike for every twenty coins, there is one remaining in the original mint packaging. I think they will have a long term premium value, over the slabbed coins. >>

Found the quarter ounce you speak of ANACS FS !!

Wow, for an ANACS SP70. Leave it to the 2nd Tiers to set a new price standard for what could be considered a raw price, for all purposes of argument.

This is fun to look back on an old thread as there was much resistance to the original pricing on these from the Mint and like others on the forum,

I jumped in when the B/O started. Some of my 1/10 ouncers were cancelled as I hit that series a bit too late and I cancelled a few of the half ouncers...ouch.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file