Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Isnt she lovely? Isnt she wonderful?

My latest newp, and a coin that I have wanted badly for quite awhile. Looks like an easy 69 DCAM to me.

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin. Doesn't that have a mintage of only 15,000 or so?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>Nice coin. Doesn't that have a mintage of only 15,000 or so? >>

Krause says 20k, but from my personal research, I think the Krause number is a tad high.
  • Options
    PlatinumDuckPlatinumDuck Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful coin!
    Are you putting together a set of the 1oz Silver Pandas?
    If so, hows it going?

Great Deals Buying and Selling: Metalsman, BobSav, Rick300, endzone, Swampboy, somecoins, Musca, commoncents05, Refrema, tonyhar, joebb21, kalshacon, JeremyDie1, percyb, scrapman1077, indiananationals, wondercoin, pragmaticgoat, tonedSilver, theboz11, Timbuk3, bigmarty58, HCumberdale, jp84, OnlyGoldIsMoney, UNLVino, coinguy1989, drewsef, coindeuce, pjcoins, giorgio11, Sullykerry52, KollectorKing, privatecoin, jclovescoins, Smittys, bronco2078, ajaan, jdmern, bidask, jrt103, CoinPhysicist, bigjpst, OKCC, Skanderbeg, pruebas, dizzlecc, MasonG, spummybum, SurfinxHI, snowequities

• Options

<< <i>Beautiful coin!
    Are you putting together a set of the 1oz Silver Pandas?
    If so, hows it going? >>

Thanks Duck. Im more focused on trying to put together the entire 27 year gold panda set with an example of every denomination. So far in my 3-4 months, I have completed about 25% of that task as expressed by weight (there are 134 coins totaling 51.25 oz...I have about 43 coins totaling 13+ oz so far). Its a very arduous and lofty task! Unfortunately, I get sidetracked once in awhile and pick up a silver or platinum panda here and there. I have so far in the silver proofs the 1985, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, and 1994. In addition, I have 5 of the "business strike" silver pandas as well. I also have 5 platinum pandas in various years/denominations. Eventually I hope to have every single regular issue panda in all 3 metals. Thank god im somewhat young because it could take many, many years to achieve that! Do you collect pandas as well?
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Kewl! image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    PlatinumDuckPlatinumDuck Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Duck. Im more focused on trying to put together the entire 27 year gold panda set with an example of every denomination. So far in my 3-4 months, I have completed about 25% of that task as expressed by weight (there are 134 coins totaling 51.25 oz...I have about 43 coins totaling 13+ oz so far). Its a very arduous and lofty task! Unfortunately, I get sidetracked once in awhile and pick up a silver or platinum panda here and there. I have so far in the silver proofs the 1985, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, and 1994. In addition, I have 5 of the "business strike" silver pandas as well. I also have 5 platinum pandas in various years/denominations. Eventually I hope to have every single regular issue panda in all 3 metals. Thank god im somewhat young because it could take many, many years to achieve that! Do you collect pandas as well?

Sounds like a fun project. I used to collect the silver Pandas and had a couple of golds, but had to sell them to fund some other items. I'll probably get back into them someday though. They are a fun series.

Great Deals Buying and Selling: Metalsman, BobSav, Rick300, endzone, Swampboy, somecoins, Musca, commoncents05, Refrema, tonyhar, joebb21, kalshacon, JeremyDie1, percyb, scrapman1077, indiananationals, wondercoin, pragmaticgoat, tonedSilver, theboz11, Timbuk3, bigmarty58, HCumberdale, jp84, OnlyGoldIsMoney, UNLVino, coinguy1989, drewsef, coindeuce, pjcoins, giorgio11, Sullykerry52, KollectorKing, privatecoin, jclovescoins, Smittys, bronco2078, ajaan, jdmern, bidask, jrt103, CoinPhysicist, bigjpst, OKCC, Skanderbeg, pruebas, dizzlecc, MasonG, spummybum, SurfinxHI, snowequities

• Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Eventually I hope to have every single regular issue panda in all 3 metals. Thank god im somewhat young because it could take many, many years to achieve that! Do you collect pandas as well? >>

A very formidable undertaking! Don't forget the BIG issues (5 oz, 10 oz, troy pound, kilos) in silver and gold. And why only 3 metals? What about the palladium issues. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Eventually I hope to have every single regular issue panda in all 3 metals. Thank god im somewhat young because it could take many, many years to achieve that! Do you collect pandas as well? >>

A very formidable undertaking! Don't forget the BIG issues (5 oz, 10 oz, troy pound, kilos) in silver and gold. And why only 3 metals? What about the palladium issues. image >>

What I meant by "regular issue" panda, would exclude the 5oz and up stuff. The palladium pandas have such a high premium over melt that I just cant stomach it right now.

Edited to add: Actually the premium I paid for the above pictured coin would make most people...even coin people throw up instantly.image
  • Options
    Coin is finally back from PCGS. It graded PR68 DCAM. Wow, they are tight over in Newport Beach!!!

• Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    MS68 is still not bad in my eyes - that is a beautiful coin. That turnaround is also not too bad. I still have NGC sitting on a submission from June 10th.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She is, and for some reason, I have a sudden urge to listen to Stevie Wonder's "Songs In The Key Of Life". Hmm.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.